Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can automatic update on database change please be switched off?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can automatic update on database change please be switched off?

I see every now and then my processor go high for a while and I see in the HS log that WMP is refreshing its lists on a change in the WM databases. Mostly I can relate this to myself adding some music or changing playlists in WM.

Lately I am working a lot with pictures, reshuffling and editing on the PC. Every now and then the PC becomes slow and even sometimes it almost freezes. I never found the reason.
    Yesterday I moved 600+ pictures to the picture library and the PC again went to a very low pace.
    I then discovered the Media Player Plugin was rereading all lists PER picture that was added!! So it was rereading all lists 600+ times over!!!!

First of all, I do not need to have WMP trigger on picture changes but I can imagine the plugin just triggers on a database change, independent of picture or music files.
    But please! Make it possible for the plugin to disable automatic triggering on every database change. It is taking way to much performance to allow this on every small change to the WM databases. Adding the possibility to trigger a event for planned synchronisation with the WM databases would be a perfect solution for me and I guess most of us.

Wim
    Last edited by w.vuyk; November 11, 2009, 08:33 AM.
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts
Working...
X