X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Media Player 2.4.0.36 Ignores Shuffle Setting

Rich,

Whatever you did to make the playlists start faster (which is really wonderful, by the way) seems to have introduced a couple of other problems.

The first is that it completly ignores the shuffle setting when playing a playlist. This problem is 100% repeatable and consistent for me. I normally set/start a playlist via PlayMusic method in a script.

The second problem is that about 20% of my album covers don't show up on HSTouch, and it clearly isn't a problem with my album covers themselves because the art will show up on some songs on the same album and not others. My guess is there is some synchronization problem.

Both of these problems didn't exist in the earlier version of the plug-in. Both have lowered my WAF quite a bit.

Steve

Hmmm... Just discovered a third problem that didn't exist before. If I skip to the next song via HSTouch, when the song finishes it plays again. My guess is that it keeping track of which song number it is playing in the playlist, and doesn't seem to know that advanced one.

Geesh, this is frustrating....

Comment

Hang in there, Rich has said that he's going to be giving the MP plug-in a little attention this week when get gets back from traveling.
      Marty
      ------
      XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
      Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Well, I guess I hope so. I never thought I'd say it, but I think the version that took 2+ minutes to start a playlist and did all the VR rebuilding was better. I'm going to try and fall back if I can find it.

Steve

Comment

So can anyone tell me how to uninstall v2.4.0.36?

I tried to install an older version, and the installer won't let me because it says a newer version is installed. I tried to rename / remove the hspi_mediaplayer.dll file and re-install, but that didn't help either.

Steve

Comment

I think you can just shut down HomeSeer and use the add/remove programs to un-install it. I like the new method for plug-ins, I'm hoping everyone does the same one of these days. The updater gets messy at times.
            Marty
            ------
            XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

Thanks Marty.

Just before I uninstalled it my wife tried switching playlists. This one seems to shuffle OK. So I'm not sure what is going on. I think we can live with not playing the other playlist for a while, and hopefully Rich can spend some time on this.

Steve

Comment

I hope so too, keeping my fingers crossed.
                Marty
                ------

Comment

The cover art issue seems like a caching issue as best I can tell. I've been rewriting the music.aspx page to use ajax so the button pushes do not refresh the screen and the cover art aspx page just doesn't work from time to time.
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Since we've been talking about the screens on HSTouch, would the aspx or ajax screens not refreshing also effect the HSTouch screen?
                    Marty
                    ------

Comment

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
                      Since we've been talking about the screens on HSTouch, would the aspx or ajax screens not refreshing also effect the HSTouch screen?
                      I don't think so because HSTouch isn't using the aspx as an interface. Really only Rich could answer this definitively.
                      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I didn't think so either but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. Thanks.
                        Marty
                        ------

Comment

Shuffling issue

Just wanted to post that I too am encountering the shuffling issue. Just upgraded Media Player and Homeseer last week, after maybe 6-8 months of no upgrading.

I trigger my "All Christmas Music" playlist and it starts playing them in a static order (by Artist, I think, as "Alvin and the Chipmunks" always start first, soon to be followed by an entire Bing Crosby album).... despite the fact that I have "shuffle" enabled 24 x 7.

Media Player version : 2.4.0.35

Comment

I have that same problem, does wonders for the WAF. I also reported this so I'm hoping Rich is working on it, a little status report once in a while wouldn't hurt.

I'm also tired of hearing Alvin and Chipmunks.
                            Marty
                            ------

Comment

Bump

Any progress in fixing shuffle?

Anyboby found a workaround?

Mark
                              Mark

Comment

Working...
                              X