X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2.4.034 plugin not working

Hi,

I recently upgraded to homeseer 2.4 and media centre plug in 2.4.035. I am running vista. Setup has been stable with no issues until now when media player plugin has "dissapeared"

Media player plugin appears installed in control panel but not in homeseer.

Have tried removing plugin from control panel, clean boot then reinstall from the updater. It installs fine but does not appear in homeseer interfaces.

The log file shows the install but the plugin dissapears as far as homeseer is concerned. Any ideas ?

30/11/2009 18:54:18 ~!~Updater~!~Executing installer and waiting for it to finish: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\updates2\Windows Media Player2.4.0.35\setup.exe
    30/11/2009 18:54:18 ~!~Updater~!~Installation of updates completed
    30/11/2009 18:54:19 ~!~Startup~!~Checking for available plug-ins
    30/11/2009 18:54:19 ~!~Info~!~Found plug-in: ActiveBackup Plugin, version: 2.0.0.26
    30/11/2009 18:54:19 ~!~Info~!~Found plug-in: X10 CM11A/CM12U, version: 2.2.0.4
    30/11/2009 18:54:19 ~!~Info~!~Found plug-in: DooMotion, version: 2.3.5.0
    30/11/2009 18:54:19 ~!~Info~!~Found plug-in: DooNetwork, version: 2.3.0.2
    30/11/2009 18:54:19 ~!~Info~!~Found plug-in: Global Cache GC100, version: 2.1.0.0
    30/11/2009 18:54:19 ~!~Info~!~Found plug-in: IRTrans, version: 1.2.15.0
    30/11/2009 18:54:19 ~!~Info~!~Found plug-in: Mixer, version: 1.0.0.114
    30/11/2009 18:54:19 ~!~Info~!~Found plug-in: Napco Gemini, version: 2.0.0.23
    30/11/2009 18:54:20 ~!~Info~!~Found plug-in: pjcCurrentCost, version: 1.0.3.0
    30/11/2009 18:54:20 ~!~Info~!~Found plug-in: Prontonic, version: 1.0.0.0
    30/11/2009 18:54:20 ~!~Info~!~Found plug-in: ZWave Thermostats, version: 1.3.0.8

any help would be appreciated

thanks

Restarting HS after installation does the trick. It is not really logical, but try

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Windows Media player plugin

Hi - I restarted homeseer as the updates statesm, and it runs the plugin setup programme. Restarting homeseer again does nothing (it does not try to reinstall the missing plugin and it does not state the plugin is within homeseer). I am also running homeseer as an application not a service. I am surprised I am the only one with this issue as I have paid for a plugin that I now cannot use!

Comment

What I found worked for me was to go into your updates 2 folder and find the media player install file, shut down HomeSeer and run the install directly. Then you can restart HomeSeer.
        Marty
        ------
        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
        Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Maybe it is good to give some details on the last upgrade to 2.4.

Did you do a real upgrade or a install of the complete version?

Reason I am asking is because I bumped my nose on it myself.
          I installed originally HS using the defaults, wich resulted in installing the program in c:\program files\Homeseer 2\

After a while I chose to install the complete version and - after a lot of headaches - I discovered I had two installations, because the last install defaulted to C:\Program files\Homeseer HS2\

Installation of plugins went for me in a wrong directory. Uninstalling all HS installations and a new install solved my problem then.

I am not sure if this could be the issue for you, but it might be worth a check?

Wim
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by largejj View Post
            Hi - I restarted homeseer as the updates statesm, and it runs the plugin setup programme. Restarting homeseer again does nothing (it does not try to reinstall the missing plugin and it does not state the plugin is within homeseer). I am also running homeseer as an application not a service. I am surprised I am the only one with this issue as I have paid for a plugin that I now cannot use!
            Are there any messages in the HomeSeer log file concerning the WMP plugin? These are the steps I take with any of the new plugins that use the add/remove control panel applet.
            - Shut down HomeSeer
            - Uninstall the old plugin using the add/remove control panel applet
            - Restart HS and install the plugin via the updater
            - Restart HS as instructed by the installer
            - Check the logs for any messages.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks for your replys so far.

I am starting to think this is a permissions issue in the program files\homeseer 2 directory (th only directory I have for HS)

To give some background I have been using homeseer for several years on xp. I had to replace the hardware about a year ago and had a vista machine. I did a clean install of homeseer 2.3 at the time and copied all of my homeseer 2 directory from the xp machine to the new one.

Since this time I have not updated any plugins until now!

I have followed RUPP's advice several times before posting this:-

- shut down HomeSeer
              - Uninstall the old plugin using the add/remove control panel applet
              - Restart HS and install the plugin via the updater
              - Restart HS as instructed by the installer
              - Check the logs for any messages.

The logs do not even mention the MP plugin as far as homeseer is concerned the plugin does not exists although it does in windows add remove programs. THE hspi_mediaplayer does not exist in c:\program files\homeseer 2

I have opened a ticket on this and helpdesk have sent me a later version of the media plater plugin but it is still the same. They have now told me to get advice from the board as they are not sure what the issue is.

Does anyone think I should try and move homeseer to c:\homeseer rather than program files ?

It looks to me like the installer for media player cannot write files to c:\program files\homeseer 2 on my installation.

the user is a local admin of the pc with full read/write on program files - although the dreaded read only tick is always on the program files folder!

any other ideas ?

Comment

Does any other plugins download correctly with the updater? Try downloading just a random free plugin and see if that works.

My updater corrupted some months ago and wasnt downloading anything correctly (it gave no error messages at all), only a reinstall solved it. I don't know what the problem was.

Does the new media centre plugin zip file exist in \homeseer hs2\updates2\zips?

Comment

I have just tried installing thi tunes plugin and exactly the same thing happened. Looks like my installer is not working. The mediaplayer file exists in the zip folder though and installs as far as windows is concerned.

So - do I do a fresh install of 2.4.0.2 into the defalt directory (after a backup?)

Comment

Originally posted by largejj View Post
                    I have just tried installing thi tunes plugin and exactly the same thing happened. Looks like my installer is not working. The mediaplayer file exists in the zip folder though and installs as far as windows is concerned.

So - do I do a fresh install of 2.4.0.2 into the defalt directory (after a backup?)
                    Try one of the older plugins that do not use the new installer like the ups plugin. iTunes and the MediaPlayer plugin use the new Microsoft installer and this could be your issue.

Comment

Unless anyone has any other ideas then I would say yes, I did post about it here http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=138425 and did'nt get many replies, so would imagine it is not a particularly well known problem.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                        Unless anyone has any other ideas then I would say yes, I did post about it here http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=138425 and did'nt get many replies, so would imagine it is not a particularly well known problem.
                        Are you running any antivirus software that may be interferring? Are you running Vista with UAC enabled? There has to be something in common in these cases.

Comment

Me? No, XP SP2 with no AV/Firewall at all (I like to live on the edge), running mainly only HS apps (HST/HSPRO/2xSpeaker + temp app). But I fixed the problem with a re-install of HS so not sure what actually was the problem, touch wood it has not returned.

Edit: This problem also occured about 3mths after HS was first installed, the updater worked for appx 3mths before it just seemed to not work anymore.

Comment

Hi,

UAC is turned off. I use Mcafee 8.7 but have tried disabling this and it makes no difference. I use no internal firewall on the PC - just a hardware one on the router.

I will try installing older plugins and read the other post and get back asap

thanks to all for their help so far

Comment

Solved by reinstalling

Hi,

I decided to reinstall homeseer to c:\homeseer HS2 rather than program files. The media player plugin installed first time.

Thanks to everyone for their help.

May have a look at the beta media player plugin just posted ?

Comment

Working...
                              X