X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Media Player plug-in BETA 2.5.0.9 posted

Here is build 2.5.0.9, changes:

* Fixed clearing of the playlist on the ASPX page no longer deletes the playlist permanently (if it was a user playlist)

Media Player plugin:

ftp://ftp.homeseer.com/updates/Beta/...er_2_5_0_9.msi

HSTouch server plugin 1.0.0.12:

ftp://ftp.homeseer.com/updates/Beta/...h_1_0_0_12.msi

This plug-in requires Windows Media Player 11 or later. If you are Windows Server 2003, here are some instructions on how to get WMP 11 installed (note that HomeSeer cannot give support on Windows Server products, these are Enterprise products and not targeted for the consumer):
    http://www.msblog.org/2006/12/17/ins...s-server-2003/
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Install question

Finaly got some time to test .9. I have never installed HST from a MSI so it is not in the add/remove in Vista. What should I do before I run the HST.MSI?

Thanks
    Gerard

Comment

Shut down HS, install restart.

I actually install it then close / start HS.

TrOjAn

Comment

Rich,

Although shuffle seems to really shuffle (thank you for that!), a playlist in shuffle mode seems to always start at the same song. It's only a minor irritation, but we routinely use one of 5 playlists in shuffle mode running in the background at our house (all of our MP3's are in one or more playlists, which are mostly genre-based). It's a little noticeable that everytime I switch to a particular playlist it starts with the same song.

This isn't a big thing though, so I wouldn't put it above other priorities. But if you under the hood fixing something in that same area, it would be good to have the starting point within the playlist be random as well.

Steve

Comment

If you try this in the Media Player application does it do the same thing? I am simply enabling the shuffle in Media Player. Not sure I have any control over this.

Originally posted by stevea View Post
          Rich,

Although shuffle seems to really shuffle (thank you for that!), a playlist in shuffle mode seems to always start at the same song. It's only a minor irritation, but we routinely use one of 5 playlists in shuffle mode running in the background at our house (all of our MP3's are in one or more playlists, which are mostly genre-based). It's a little noticeable that everytime I switch to a particular playlist it starts with the same song.

This isn't a big thing though, so I wouldn't put it above other priorities. But if you under the hood fixing something in that same area, it would be good to have the starting point within the playlist be random as well.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
            If you try this in the Media Player application does it do the same thing? I am simply enabling the shuffle in Media Player. Not sure I have any control over this.
            Yes thats how MP does it on my pc also. A short silence audio file as the first entry hides this shortcomming.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gerard View Post
              Yes thats how MP does it on my pc also. A short silence audio file as the first entry hides this shortcomming.
              That's a really good idea, it would only have to be a second or two. Excellent, easy, trouble free solution. My hat's off to you, well if i had one anyway.
              Marty
              ------
              XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
              Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerard View Post
                Good idea, and thanks for posting the file.

Steve

Comment

I use WHS for my homeseer PC and i just installed WMP11 on it for this plugin

using this guide:
                  http://wiki.wegotserved.com/index.ph...ayer_11_on_WHS

since WHS is just Server 2003 it should work for those who are using 2003 also

Comment

Rich, I just tried .9 in HST, It doesn't seem to have the added features of being able to create a playlist. The webpage version work fine.

I am runnig .12 of the server a long with .1 unlimited. does this affect the feature set of HST?
                    -Skybolt

Comment

Loading loop in log

When I install the plugin my log loops with this:

Code:

05-01-2010 13:05:18  - Media Player - Finished loading Playlists
                      05-01-2010 13:05:11  - Media Player - Error adding tracks: Value does not fall within the expected range.
                      05-01-2010 13:05:09  - Media Player - Getting track information...
                      05-01-2010 13:05:09  - Media Player - Loading library in the background, this could take a few minutes...
                      05-01-2010 13:05:09  - Media Player - A change to the main library has been detected, re-loading...
                      05-01-2010 13:05:05  - Media Player - Library loading completed.
                      05-01-2010 13:05:04  - Media Player - Finished loading Playlists
                      What have I done wrong?
                      Best,
                      Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Comment

Originally posted by Jakob.Sand View Post
                        When I install the plugin my log loops with this:

Code:

05-01-2010 13:05:18  - Media Player - Finished loading Playlists
                        05-01-2010 13:05:11  - Media Player - Error adding tracks: Value does not fall within the expected range.
                        05-01-2010 13:05:09  - Media Player - Getting track information...
                        05-01-2010 13:05:09  - Media Player - Loading library in the background, this could take a few minutes...
                        05-01-2010 13:05:09  - Media Player - A change to the main library has been detected, re-loading...
                        05-01-2010 13:05:05  - Media Player - Library loading completed.
                        05-01-2010 13:05:04  - Media Player - Finished loading Playlists
                        What have I done wrong?
                        You can turn this off in the MP options. Set the "Detect database changes and re-load library as needed" to no if you do not want the MP plugin to pick up changes to your library.

Comment

I need to post a new version of HST first, still working on that, hopefully I'll have that out this week.

Originally posted by skybolt View Post
                          Rich, I just tried .9 in HST, It doesn't seem to have the added features of being able to create a playlist. The webpage version work fine.

I am runnig .12 of the server a long with .1 unlimited. does this affect the feature set of HST?

Comment

Very nice, thanks for the update.

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                            I need to post a new version of HST first, still working on that, hopefully I'll have that out this week.
                            -Skybolt

Comment

I didn't get a chance to play with this much over the holidays but except for the HSTouch stuff that Rich has mentioned will need a HSTouch update, everything seems to be working well.

I have to say this plug-in has come a long, long way over the past month. I don't think my standard jukebox software is in any danger of being replaced but, the Media Player Plug-in has gone from absolutely unusable to earning a very useful place in my system.

I just wanted to say thank you, job well done!!
                              Marty
                              ------
                              XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
                              Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Working...
                              X