This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tracks gone from Playlists

Over time, several of my playlists are now showing up in HSTouch as having no tracks. That is, when displaying the playlist, the only two items on the list are "All Tracks" and "No Data". If I select "All Tracks", it takes a long time to start (like maybe five minutes), but eventually does. During that time, I get dozens of "Warning, queued command did not complete due to timeout:", after the colon, it may be "player_state", "get_volume", "get_player_position", or "lib_get_playlist_tracks".

All of these playlists show up fine (with all their tracks) on both my WMP on my HS machine and my Zune software elsewhere on the network (the music drive is shared).

This isn't really a WAF killer, but it is definitely a major frustration factor for WAF. The music was one of the few things my wife was willing to do with HSTouch, so now she just ignores HSTouch and asks me to do it.

Marty (Nightwalker) suggested re-building the playlists, and I've done that a couple of times. It seems to only solve the problem briefly, and it gets pretty old to go back in and try to re-build a playlist of 2500 songs.

I'm running 2.5.0.12, which I think is the latest.

This clearly is something that the plug-in is doing wrong, since WMP sees the playlist fine. Is there any hope of fixing this?

Steve

Sorry to hear it's still giving you fits, not totally unexpected though. Music and HomeSeer on touch screens has been the bane of my existence here as well. The plug in, even when working, unless you're just looking to start an already done playlist, is just painful to operate. Out of 5 touch screens in my house that were running HST I'm down to one because of it. With a house full of musicians, being able to easily play music in any combination you want is far more important than anything that HSTouch can do right now.

Maybe in HS3 when HSTech gets Zwave all worked out and can get back to other things as well. In the meantime I wait as patiently as possible for HomeSeer to start moving forward again or until something else comes along that does better.
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Thanks Marty. You are not exactly improving my mood....

Unfortunately, maybe you are right.

I used to use Blade's plug-in (I think I paid for it), but when I started using HSTouch I switched. I had found that generally Blade's was more responsive and stable, but I didn't think it - at the time - integrated well with HSTouch. Does anyone know if it does now? I.e., artwork, etc.

Steve

Comment

Sorry about that Steve but I've had to face facts so you might as well too.

Blades is far more responsive and if it had album art I would make it work better in HST. Still it's a playlist based plug-in and if you haven't made predefined lists it's not useful for the free wheeling musical family and guests that always seem to be here. I do still use it for morning wake up music that is played via predefined playlists. For that purpose it's performed flawlessly for years now. I did do some HST screens for it and Blade has added more script calls to it and I've been able to just ignore the standard screen and use devices and script calls to have buttons for specific playlists. BLMusic is much closer for my purposes and if it had the HS music API and a few tweaks it would be OK.

Originally posted by stevea View Post
        Thanks Marty. You are not exactly improving my mood....

Unfortunately, maybe you are right.

I used to use Blade's plug-in (I think I paid for it), but when I started using HSTouch I switched. I had found that generally Blade's was more responsive and stable, but I didn't think it - at the time - integrated well with HSTouch. Does anyone know if it does now? I.e., artwork, etc.

Steve
        Attached Files
        Last edited by nightwalker; August 3, 2010, 10:52 AM.
        Marty
        ------
        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
        Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Working...
        X