This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is the Music Lib Stored?....

I'm trying to figure out how to setup this plugin...where does it store its lib and in what format. Can u change location?

Is this a remote control for WMP that has to be installed in HSeer to work?

Thanks
    Mark

Windows Media Player looks for you music automatically in the C:\Users\logged in user\Music But if you right click on the Music name in Windows Media player you can add other folders for WMP to search for music. All you need is Windows Media Player loaded on your HomeSeer PC to use this plugin.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

It uses the WMP on the HomeSeer machine, however you don't have to keep the music there. My music is all stored on a separate music server. I just point the WMP on the HomeSeer machine to the music server. There's nothing to do as far as the plug-in goes as far as where the music is.
      Marty
      ------
      XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
      Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

The database is kept in a local folder (something like C:\Documents and Settings\**username**\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Player) and mine are all in what looks to be a WMP only file format (*.wmdb). The plugin uses this database and all the data in the WMP DB is read into HS (I presume by some sort of WMP API rather than directly) and then HS controls media player, WMP needs to be installed on the HS PC but you don't see anything visually on the desktop (no WMP GUI) when the plugin is running.

Comment

Working...
        X