X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hometroller media won't load

Hello,

I am trying to get music working with homeseer and for right now I can't get any music to play.

I have music stored on a mapped network drive and Windows media player sees the music but the plugin does not. I have restarted everything and even rebooted home troller with no luck.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
    Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

It is all in the library in WMP yeah? If it is in the WMP library I was under the impression it did not matter as it would then appear in the plug in. Does the plugin report that it finds any songs when it loads up HS? It should look something like this

14/12/2013 21:26:35 Media Player Warning, queued command did not complete due to timeout: player_state
    14/12/2013 21:26:19 Media Player Library loading completed.
    14/12/2013 21:26:19 Media Player Finished loading Playlists
    14/12/2013 21:26:19 Media Player Done getting track information
    14/12/2013 21:26:12 Media Player Getting track information...
    14/12/2013 21:26:12 Media Player Loading library in the background, this could take a few minutes...
    14/12/2013 21:26:12 Media Player MPAppThreadProc start

As you can see I have a seven second gap and have a couple of thousand songs in the library.

Comment

MrH is correct. Unfortunately when Windows Media Player gets all that library info remembered, Windows may forget it if you do not commit the changes to the harddrive if I remember this correctly.

~Bill

Comment

Re: Hometroller media won't load

Thanks guys,

I can confirm that my log looks like the above. The problem is that the plugin does not see anything. I did commit changes as soon as it was done updating just before I rebooted.

This music library is set up in artist, album, track folder format. There are no playlists setup except for a couple. The desire is the look at the whole library in HSTouch and play something from hstouch.

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
          Thanks guys,

I can confirm that my log looks like the above. The problem is that the plugin does not see anything. I did commit changes as soon as it was done updating just before I rebooted.

This music library is set up in artist, album, track folder format. There are no playlists setup except for a couple. The desire is the look at the whole library in HSTouch and play something from hstouch.
          There is no API call to query how much is in the library unfortunately, do you get a delay between

14/12/2013 21:26:19 Media Player Done getting track information
          14/12/2013 21:26:12 Media Player Getting track information...

?

That would indicate whether or not the library has something in or is empty, if the library has something in then I would expect some form of delay.

Also what version of WMP are you using?

Comment

Re: Hometroller media won't load

Yes, I do get a delay of about three minutes.

I think the version is nine. It is what comes installed on the home trollers.

Comment

Well it is odd as the delay would indicate some form of library loading is happening, there used to be a log statement about how many tracks had been processed but I think that has been removed.

How about in an event, when you create an event and select media player actions does it have any artists/albums in the drop downs?

Comment

Working...
              X