X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave Thermostat plugin.

Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Zimmer,
    Wasn't there new triggers added when you added the Z-Wave tstat? Just use the built in triggers.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yes, there were added triggers, but it seemed tedious to add 28 events.

Mode:
      Changed to any.

Mode(Operating):
      Changed to any.

Fan:
      Changed to any.

Fan(Operating):
      Changed to any.

Setpoint:
      Heat Changed to 65
      Heat Changed to 66
      Heat Changed to 67
      Heat Changed to 68
      Heat Changed to 69
      Heat Changed to 70
      Heat Changed to 71
      Heat Changed to 72
      Heat Changed to 73
      Heat Changed to 74
      Heat Changed to 75

Cool Changed to 65
      Cool Changed to 66
      Cool Changed to 67
      Cool Changed to 68
      Cool Changed to 69
      Cool Changed to 70
      Cool Changed to 71
      Cool Changed to 72
      Cool Changed to 73
      Cool Changed to 74
      Cool Changed to 75

Temperature:
      Increases
      Decreases

Just to change a virtual device to pick up on this change.

For that it'd be easier to just run a script once a minute to parse the string and update the values.

I just don't like running scripts that often, and I'd like mainlobby to see the changes right away, not after a script is done.
      Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Why not trigger on device value change (if the device value is being populated) this way each time a change occurs it will fire.

Comment

I think the device value isn't being populated, I noticed it's set at 0...
          Joe (zimmer62)

Comment

Hi Joe-

This Thread:
            http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=114698

Describes how to use the Thermostat API calls to get plugin infromation. For example:

Code:
             Dim rval as String

' In this case, the Thermostat has a device code of "1"
            rval = hs.plugin("ZWave Thermostats").GetTemp(1, 1)

hs.speak("Thermostat temperature is " & rval)
            This would speak the current temperature. No fancy string parsing required! Although, if you are one of the more adventurous types, the Device String is simply separated by Carriage Return/Line Feeds (vbCrLf or Chr(13) & Chr(10))

Any other questions on the API, just let me know!
            -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

No can some one with a little experence writing scrips make a simple script to do this.

I am also interested.

Thanks

Thom

Comment

Thom,
                Did you try the posted line in a script?

sub main()
                rval = hs.plugin("ZWave Thermostats").GetTemp(1, 1)

hs.speak("Thermostat temperature is " & rval)
                end sub

Comment

now how do I trigger this script ONLY when something changes?
                  Joe (zimmer62)

Comment

If the device values are not being populated then I would try a trigger of deviceStatus change.

Comment

When I run that script, all I get is

Speak ():Thermostat temperature is 0

I'm a little confused about the statement "in this case the device code is 1"

my thermostat is zwave device 7, but I've tried
                      .GetTemp(1, 1)
                      .GetTemp(7, 1)
                      .GetTemp(7, 7)
                      .GetTemp(1, 7)

All return Speak ():Thermostat temperature is 0
                      Joe (zimmer62)

Comment

Joe,
                        Are you running just one Z-Wave tstat? If so this one should have worked
                        .GetTemp(1, 7)

Comment

Yup, just one.

Tried it again, still says Thermostat temperature is 0
                          Joe (zimmer62)

Comment

hang on a sec... this time I also got a different error message that might be clueing me into the problem. I didn't see this before.

8/8/2006 10:11:27 AM - ZWave Thermosta - Error in HSPI.GetTemp, Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                            Joe (zimmer62)

Comment

That more than likely means the ZWave Thermostats in the call rval = hs.plugin("ZWave Thermostats").GetTemp(1, 1) isn't the correct syntax. Hopefully RJ will see this and chime in.

Comment

Working...
                              X