This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RCS Rev 1 problem

I have 4 RCS revision 1 zwave tstats that I bought from HS. They show up in Zwave plugin but nothing seems to work. Also I get the following error during startup. What do I do?

8/23/2006 9:13:27 PM - Info - Initializing Plug-in: ZWave Thermostats
    8/23/2006 9:13:48 PM - ZWave Thermosta - Error in GetSupportedFanModes: Return was null
    8/23/2006 9:14:08 PM - ZWave Thermosta - Error in GetSupportedModes: Return was null
    8/23/2006 9:14:29 PM - ZWave Thermosta - Error in GetSupportedModes: Return was null
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

File a help ticket.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Jasv,

Did you get a reply to your helpdesk ticket?

I have a rev1 thermostat as well, that will not even show up in the plug-in. It works great with the old zstat.thm script, but I am trying to get with the times and move to the plug-in.

edit:....MY bad... it does show under status.... but that is it. I can not change any settings.
      Last edited by dhanford; September 7, 2006, 09:14 AM.

Comment

dhanford,
        Are you using the latest Z-Wave plugin from the updater?

Comment

Yup... Just downloaded it this morning.

The status shows (attached image)

But I get this in my log when I try to set anything:

9/7/2006 9:20:52 AM ZWave Thermostats Staus Error: Error sending setpoint command (C<2><2>), return was ERROR
          9/7/2006 9:21:16 AM ZWave Thermostats Staus Error: Error sending setpoint command (C<2><2>), return was ERROR
          9/7/2006 9:21:38 AM ZWave Thermostats Staus Error: Error sending setpoint command (C<2><2>), return was ERROR
          9/7/2006 9:22:26 AM ZWave Thermostats Staus Error: Error sending setpoint command (C<2><2>), return was ERROR
          9/7/2006 9:22:50 AM ZWave Thermostats Staus Error: Error sending setpoint command (C<2><2>), return was ERROR
          9/7/2006 9:23:12 AM ZWave Thermostats Staus Error: Error sending setpoint command (C<2><2>), return was ERROR
          9/7/2006 9:23:34 AM ZWave Thermostats Staus Error: Error sending setpoint command (C<2><2>), return was ERROR
          9/7/2006 9:23:55 AM ZWave Thermostats Staus Error: Error sending setpoint command (C<2><2>), return was ERROR
          9/7/2006 9:24:17 AM ZWave Thermostats Staus Error: Error sending setpoint command (C<2><2>), return was ERROR
          9/7/2006 9:24:39 AM ZWave Thermostats Staus Error: Error sending setpoint command (C<2><2>), return was ERROR
          9/7/2006 9:25:00 AM ZWave Thermostats Staus Error: Error sending setpoint command (C<2><2>), return was ERROR
          9/7/2006 9:25:22 AM ZWave Thermostats Staus Error: Error sending setpoint command (C<2><2>), return was ERROR
          9/7/2006 9:25:44 AM ZWave Thermostats Staus Error: Error sending setpoint command (C<2><2>), return was ERROR
          9/7/2006 9:26:05 AM ZWave Thermostats Staus Error: Error sending setpoint command (C<2><2>), return was ERROR
          9/7/2006 9:26:05 AM ZWave Thermostats Error sending ZWave Command, aborting: C<2><2>
          Attached Files

Comment

dhanford,
            Sorry to mislead you as I wasn't paying attention to the Rev part of the equation. This tstat will not work with out plugin without an update from RCS. RCS is handling the upgrade to these thermostats. Please contact them directly for an RMA and number and return instructions if you want to get it upgraded.

Comment

Thanks Rupp. I was afraid of that.

I guess I will stick with the script for now, until I have time to send in my thermostat (That is tough in a Texas summer).

It looks like this also means we will have to keep Maestro supporting both methods for now... I don't want to leave anyone out in the cold (or heat).

Thanks again,
              Dave

Comment

I did get a reply...

The reply was to send the zwave part of my TStats to RCS for a revision upgrade. Outside of my shipping it out to them, it was free. I sent 4 of them out last week and hopefully I will receive them back in the next few days.
                James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

No need to send the thermostat!

Originally posted by dhanford
                  Thanks Rupp. I was afraid of that.

I guess I will stick with the script for now, until I have time to send in my thermostat (That is tough in a Texas summer).

Thanks again,
                  Dave
                  You do not need to send in the entire thermostat. Just the Zwave component. You can still control your TStat manually.
                  James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Oh... well that helps.

THanks.

Comment

Hi Guys-

Sorry about that, I have been out for a while and missed this thread.

The RCS Rev 1.0 Thermostat is not supported in HomeSeer, either in the Thermostat script or in the Plugin. There are some tweaks to the script to make it work, but to make a long story short, this thermostat does not adhere to the standard ZWave spec. RCS will provide the upgrade, available at www.resconsys.com

Best of luck,

RJ
                      -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Working...
                      X