This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before I submit a help desk ticket

I have 4 Tstats from RCS using the most current zwave firmware. 3 of them work perfectly and report the temp correctly. The 4th one continues to show a temp of 79 in the plugin regardless of the real temp displayed on the wall unit.
    I can use the plugin to change setpoints, turn cool, heat, fan on without any issues.

Anyone seen this before? is it possible that his is a hardware problem?
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

It could be a bad unit. A good test would be to:

* Disable the thermostat plugin in setup
    * Delete all the thermostat devices
    * Restart HS, go into Setup, Interfaces, Manage, then click the Load Devices button to re-load the thermostat devices

At this point, HS will be using the script support for all the stats. Delete all the stat devices except the one that is not working. Does the temp now display ok? If it still does not work, I suspect a bad thermostat.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Problem solved

Rich,
      I followed your instructions and sure enogh it did not work with the script either. As any of us techies know sometimes a simple reboot fixes problems. Because of that I decided to power cycle the tstat and now everything is working perfectly. Thanks for your help
      James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Working...
      X