This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-wave Camstat status

I have noticed that if I change the temp. settings on the thermostat that these settings are NOT refelcted in homeseer, even after a page refresh.

Other than that, the thermostat and homeseer seem to be fine.

Is this the way it is supposed to work? If not any ideas?

Thanks
    Brian

I noticed the same thing. It looks like only the refresh interval in the thermostat plugin config is what affects the temp change.
    Stuart

Comment

Yes, the thermostat does not report its status instantly.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

another camstat issue?

I have forced air gas heat and noticed that if i set the fan to 'auto' after a short time it shows up in the plugin as 'fanon'.... Is that another quirk of the camstat or a difference in the plugin? I also have an RCS z-wave thermostat and noticed that the plugin shows different status things for both of them (the RCS will say heat, the camstat will say 'furnace')...

does anyone know if the 'operating' status is updated with either RCS or the camstat, or is that just there for show? (it would be nice to be able keep track of how long the heat/ac is actually running each day...)

Comment

Hello,

A few things to note here:
          • There are 10 ZWave modes, supported in varying number by the different thermostats. The CAM-STAT supports gas and electric heat, and these are refered to as "Furnace" and "Heat" respectively.
          • The thermostat is only updated in two cases. If a mode is set, the thermostat will respond with the value of the operating mode. Or, the thermostat can be polled to obtain the operating mode. Only the RCS thermostat supports operating modes at this point.
          • FanOn is just that, the fan is on. If the thermostat is actually in Auto Fan mode, this could either be because the themostat is not being polled, or because of a bug. If the latter is the case, and you can reproduce this error, please let me know and I will work on a fix.
          Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
          -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

RJ,
            I am clicking on the 'zwave thermostats status' in the web page... i see both of my thermostats displayed... the RCS says mode:heat, fan mode:auto, all works good...

with the camstat, i see mode:furnace (i guess their word for heat), fan mode:fanon.

(the fan is definitely not on at this point. I have forced air heat and it is noisy and i can hear it from most places in the house)

If i click the 'fan auto' button, the camstat's status changes to fan mode:auto if i click the 'zwave thermostats status' button again to refresh the page...

if i keep 'refreshing' by hitting the zwave thermostats status button, from about 4 seconds to a minute later it will change back to fanon... I assume this is when it polls the thermostat... Is it possible that the camstat does not ever return 'fan auto' and just always returns 'fanon' when polled?

Comment

So does anyone know if the above behavior is just typical of the camstat, or is it something that can be fixed in the thermostat plugin? I would think that if the camstat does not support reporting on auto/on fan mode when set for heat, then why does the plugin even report it? saying 'fanon' is a lie, because it may be off if heat is not being called for...

Comment

Cannot run fan when furnace mode is set

I have the same issue with the camstat HS reports fan on after setting it to auto and the fan isn't on.

I would also like to be able to turn the fan on constantly and have the furnace still cycle on and off if the temperature gets too low. I have not been able to do this with my forced hot air furnace. I used to be able to do it with my old thermostat, but somehow either the plugin or the camstat does not appear to distinguish between FanAuto and FanOn.

Also, I have the proper mode set for my camstat - mode 9 and other modes have not improved this issue.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comment

Working...
                X