Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IceAge: CamStat periodically turns OFF and we FREEZE.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IceAge: CamStat periodically turns OFF and we FREEZE.

Does anyone else have an issue with the CamStat t-stat turning itself off periodically? Almost every 24 hours or so I'll hear the familiar "BEEP" come from my t-stat and when I check it through HS (plugin) the t-stat has gone from "Furnace" to "Off".

Not that it's a problem that one day we woke up to a hose that was 55 degrees.

I've set up a HS event to check the status of the t-stat and if it goes to OFF set it to "Heat" again. Seems like a kludge to me to have to do this. Plus it means that if someone turns off the t-stat at the device itself, it will just get turned back on.

Given that there is a "BEEP", I assume that it is a zwave signal controlling the turning off of the device. Correct?

So... jus wondering if I am the only one having this issue (I don't think I am since someone else recommended the event to keep the stat on which they also use) and is this a H/W or S/W issue?

RJ: I do have a detail/debug log of the period in which this happened once in case that would help any.

Bryan,

i had the exact same issue while i was using an earlier release of the HS2.2 Beta and i set up events to turn it back on as well. It would turn off every 24hrs and 15 minutes (always at night of course!).

After upgrading to a later Beta (i do not remember which) the problem just went away. Although i did continue to have other issues with the Camstat so i just had it swapped out.

Regards

Neil
    Running HS PRO V2.5.0.49 & HS Pro V2.5.0.51

Comment

Hi Bryan-

Does the thermostat turn off if HomeSeer is not running? I think with Neil's thermostat we determined that this was a hardware issue.
      -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Originally posted by RJ View Post
        Hi Bryan-

Does the thermostat turn off if HomeSeer is not running? I think with Neil's thermostat we determined that this was a hardware issue.
        Don't know. I would have to leave HS off for quite some time to determine that, and that's really not an option since it controls many things in my house.

What was the "Hardware Issue"?

Any other way to do this, like remove the T-Stat from the zwave groups (forget/unlearn the device)? Would that work the same?

Comment

I believe the CamStat has a 'timer' function that will turn it off if inadvertantly set. I just don't remember what its range was, whether it would go 24 hours +. Might be something to check though.

Comment

Hi Bryan-

We recently had an RMA that was a thermostat that constantly reset itself. I'm not sure if this is the case with yours, as it seems to take much longer to reset.

If you can't disable HomeSeer, can you disablet the ZWave thermostats plugin? That will at least tell us whether the plugin is the culprit or not.
            -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Originally posted by x10pf View Post
              I believe the CamStat has a 'timer' function that will turn it off if inadvertantly set. I just don't remember what its range was, whether it would go 24 hours +. Might be something to check though.
              Wow! This may just be the ticket! I checked the "timer" while the unit was on, and it was set for 13hr. From what I can gather from the very poor documentation that comes with the unit, this means that the unit will turn OFF every 13 hours after it is turned on. I think the "On" timer was set to 0, meaning it would never turn itself on. Perhaps something I did when initially installing it.

THANKS!!!

(I'll update my "forced on" script to only monitor and report if the unit goes off by itself to verify this fixes the issue)

Comment

I seem to be having the same problem. Did this ever get resolved?

Comment

In my case (original poster) yes. The problem was related to the actual t-stat timer "feature" that has the ability to turn itself on and off after certain periods of time. Make sure you check the interface on the actual device for your timer settings and make sure that you didn't accidentally enable an auto-off timer.

(see the post from x10pf)

Comment

Working...
                  X