This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost communication with thermostat

My TZ16 all of a sudden dropped from HS last night. I came home and at first I just realized that the thermostat status showed the wrong setpoint, but then after I restarted HS, it won't come back online.

I've tried to restart multiple times and I've checked all the thermostat components, and everything seems to work fine, except HS won't communicate with the thermostat.

My start-up log says that 0 thermostats are successfully converted, but otherwise there are no indication in my log that anything is wrong.

I'm using the z-wave thermostat plugin v1.0.2569.29674 and HS v2.2.0.0.

Everything has been working fine, and I can't think of anything that was done to the system in the last 36 hours.

Anyone have any thoughts?

richardfj-

The 0 Thermostats converted indicates that HomeSeer cannot communicate with the thermostat anymore.

Here's the best plan of attack at this point:
    • Shut down the ZWave Thermostats plugin
    • Delete the thermostat device
    • Reload devices from your ZWave interface
    • Re-enable the plugin
    The plugin should find the device and resume operating normally.
    -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Is deleting the device in HS enough?

When I do, will I loose/alter all the events I have set up with that device currently?

Any thought on why this happened? Assuming that this fixes it, is there anything I need to look out for going forward?

Thanks

Comment

Hi Richard-

If the events are ZWave thermostat plugin events, you will not lose them so long as the thermostat has the same name when it is re-added (you can configure this).

If they are HomeSeer device actions, they will be lost. I have no idea why this happened, my only idea is some sort of 2.2 handling of devices.
        -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

I tried the four steps outlined above, but no change.

I then tried them again, but this time I also reset the device (deleted it from the network) and re-added it. After which, nothing changed in terms of status in the HS web interface. However, executing the events I have stored to change the setpoints were successful (in other words, the thermostat would respond and the wall unit would change), but the status in HS would not change.

I restarted HS, but that dropped the thermostat off the interface again and was now not responsive to either the plug-in interface or any of my events. In the start-up log the "0 thermostats converted" message returned.

Any thoughts?

Comment

Well now I just feel stupid.

Just to be sure, I just tried the same steps again (including deleting and adding the device back to the network) ... and now it seems to work fine ... even after a HS restart.

The only thing I can imagine, is that I installed a couple of new circuits today, and had to cut power to the whole house in the process. I'm thinking that the power reset to the thermostat did the trick.

Anyone else experienced this? Anything I should be doing to avoid this in the future?

Thank RJ for the help.

Comment

Working...
            X