Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tstat plugin not showing FAN on or off, only IDLE - Resolved!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tstat plugin not showing FAN on or off, only IDLE - Resolved!

I should clarify my statement...When I poll the system I never see anything other than the above status....I would have thought that if the fan was on I would see a different fan mode or something....

Thanks!
    Rodney(lazarustx)

Comment

I am having exactly the same problem with two HAI 80BZ tstats as well. And, I'm running the latest z-wave tstat plug-in 1.3.0.6. Any ideas?

Thanks,
      Chris

Comment

Yes, I'm also running the latest plugin...When I go to the plugin, I see this error message listed on one of my tstats:

Error sending fan operating mode command (E), return was ERROR ID: 15

Thanks!
        Rodney

Comment

Hi Rodney,

I was getting errors a while ago, but it turns out I had some bad Z-Wave switches. Since removing them my errors have gone away.

Regardless though, even without errors, I never get any different operating mode other than Idle. I have events that trigger on this status change, but never see them get triggered as well.

Have you opened a trouble ticket on this already?

Chris

Comment

I haven't opened a ticket.

I have some reoccurring events to manipulate the ac/heating settings. These change the heat or AC temps depending on what time of day it is and where people are in the house.. I use Text Messaging to check who's home and what part of the house to heat/AC...Like a normal electronic program in these digital thermostats but with a little brain...

I do have one event that does run if the AC is on and is turned down below 77. When the events shoots off it changes the temp back to 82(make them suffer!) and sends me email telling me someone has lowered the AC unit too much! This has stopped folks from messing with the units directly...

My only gripe is that I'd like to know which fan is on since my hearing is horrible. Currently I have to check for a breeze coming from the kitchen vent to know that this is the unit which is on...it would be nice to see the correct status online..

Good luck...

Comment

I submitted a Help Desk item for this one: 18665. I'll let you know what I find out.

Chris

Comment

Thanks Chris for keeping up with this....Please let us know the end result. Thanks!

Comment

Oddly, I was checking my Thermostats to day and noticed that it said that the fan was operating!!! Maybe this works after all!

Maybe someone can tell us what triggers the change so that we can confirm this...No reason to have folks working on tracking a problem if in fact there isn't one....

I'm currently runing the latest Zwave Thermostat Plugin: 1.3.0.8

Regards,
                  Rodney

Comment

Originally posted by lazarustx View Post
                    Oddly, I was checking my Thermostats to day and noticed that it said that the fan was operating!!! Maybe this works after all!

Maybe someone can tell us what triggers the change so that we can confirm this...No reason to have folks working on tracking a problem if in fact there isn't one....

I'm currently runing the latest Zwave Thermostat Plugin: 1.3.0.8

Regards,
                    Rodney

I was having an issue too but the version 1.3.0.8 seemed to fix my issue so far...

********edited...
                    actually I just checked..
                    I still get an error too...

1/29/2009 2:14:43 PM ZWave Thermostats Error in GetSupportedModes: Return was null

but once I go into setup and run a rescan.. the error goes away and wont come back until I restart hs.... then do a rescan and fixed again...
                    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by lazarustx View Post
                      Last edited by ChrisDunn; February 1, 2009, 03:13 PM. Reason: Typo on tstat version...oops.

Comment

Sorry guys,
                        I just tested this and looks like I miss read the the status page. I've also just tested my status with the fan on after several minutes and no luck...It was late when I posted my update. Sorry for generating all this excitement, but it looks like we are all still having the same problem.

Rod

Comment

Comment

I've done the optimize 4 times and no luck so far. Rick is still working with me on this, and I'll be testing some things this weekend to see if it's all good.

I'll post results back here...

Chris

Comment

Just to follow up on this. I contacted the vendor and they informed me that the 80BZ does not support sending the fan operating status nor the mode operating status. They suggested upgrading to a newer model that does support it...

Chris

Comment

Working...
                              X