This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave Thermostat with Instant Status

I was just wondering if anyone knew of a z-wave tstat that supports instant status under HomeSeer. And if not if you knew of a tstat that did.

Thanks

Mines report status depending on the amount of time that its been poll. If you want instant status you only have to shorten the time lets say every 30 sec. Thats part of the plugin features.
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

I posted a similar question for the WDC-20 (Dalton-Wayne) a day ago...

I get status report EVEN with polling set to ZERO. However no matter what the polling is set to, HS ONLY changes when the room temp changes or when I use Z-wave control stat to do a setpoint change...not when there is a mode change or other changes like the setpoint on the stat itself.

quite confusing as there is NO documentatin about the plugin or thermotat related to "instant" status.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=133004

Comment

I would recommend putting in a help desk ticket and ask Rich to clarify how this is suppposed to work.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

We already have the TZ16... I seem to have to reboot it once a week or so to get it to start sending the correct current temperature to HomeSeer. Other than that it always works when you send it a command. I would really like to get a thermostat that sent back status updates on its own. Like when the fan/heat/ac is on and off and similar such things.

Obviously polling more frequently would give me a higher resolution on what the thermostat was set too but not if it is actively calling for heat or ac which is something I would like to have.

I'm not stuck on Z-Wave... If there is a different brand or type I might switch. Would depend on what kind of cost we would be looking at. I was just hoping to see if someone new of such a thermostat.

Thanks
          Jonathan

Comment

Originally posted by tendiian View Post
            We already have the TZ16... I seem to have to reboot it once a week or so to get it to start sending the correct current temperature to HomeSeer.
            I think something is wrong with your TZ16. I've had two of them for about 9 months. One of them has never had a problem and the other needed to be rebooted once about 6 months ago when I had problems getting the temperature data sent to HS. Rebooting it once a week just doesn't seem right.

Obviously polling more frequently would give me a higher resolution on what the thermostat was set too but not if it is actively calling for heat or ac which is something I would like to have.
            My TZ16's tell me when the fan is on or if they're actively calling for heat or AC. I'm not sure if it's updated instantly or if it only updates when they're polled, but HS definitely knows what the thermostat is doing. I even used the powertrigger plugin to log each time the AC compressor gets turned on or off. Are you using the latest version of the Z-Wave thermostat plugin?

Comment

Decreasing the poll interval does not equate to "instant status" as someone has suggested in a previous post. I too would love to have a thermostat that transmitted when locally turned on or changed. Currently, HS only knows about changes made locally after it has polled the device.

On a related note, in previous versions of HS you were able to modify the polling time for z-wave thermostats by editing the thermostat device and entering a specific poll interval (0 for no polling). The current version (HS 2.3.0.19 with therm plugin 1.3.0.6 or 1.3.0.8) doesn't show the poll interval box on thermostats...though it does show it on other devices such as lights. HS seems to now be polling z-wave thermostats at somewhere between 5 and 10 minute intervals with no option to change that.

Comment

Go to Z-Thermostat Status underneath it says Configure Thermostats click on that - 2nd item down on the list is Poll Interval mine is set at 600 seconds or 10 minutes

Comment

I have events to set the set points based on the time of day, and I have a 10 minute poll to the tstat, but I wanted my displays to update as quickly as possible if I know I changed something.

So I poked around the plug-in via Reflector and there is a work around. Create a event and enter this as the script:

&hs.Plugin("ZWave Thermostats").ForcePoll()

This will force a polling, and will trigger your zwave tstat events as if you waited for the normal poll interval.

Comment

Your stat should be sending it's changes to HomeSeer as they happen. Which stat are you using?
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

RCS TZ40 w/ 1.3.0.8 plug0n version. For me the plug-in has always had to poll it to get information updates. Using ForcePoll when, I change something, means I get near real time updates. The only info that I need to wait for the normal poll interval is the temp at the tstat, when it goes on/off, and if it is cooling or heating.

Comment

Working...
                      X