This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WDC-20 and Fan Status

I just installed a WDC-20 and the thermostat plugin and it's working fine with one exception. I have steam heat and thusly no fan. I have the thermostat jumpered correctly (no jumper), but the plugin still is looking for a fan and giving an error saying "cannot get fan status on device 9".

Has anyone else had this experience?

I too have been getting this error. Device is optimized and communication works great. Signal is listed as excellent.

Comment

Have you guys disabled the ZWave thermostat script via the device types tab?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp,

I'm pretty sure there's a problem with the script, as I am getting other errors referencing the script, but under the devices tab, Z wave thermostats is not an option under the drop down list. Should it be?

Comment

The Wayne Dalton's do not report fan status since it is a hard wired switch.

Comment

Originally posted by WSeverino View Post
            The Wayne Dalton's do not report fan status since it is a hard wired switch.
            The plug-in does display fan-status under HS - Auto or On

Comment

The plugin may display status but I can tell you from my dealings with Wayne Dalton, the WDTC-20 does not report fan status.

Comment

I fixed the error. Go to "status page" and select the thermostat. Rescan the device for it's capabilities and once it has finished restart Homeseer. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                X