This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wayne-Dalton Stat

Does anyone know or have the Wayne-Dalton Thermostat working were the Z-Wave Thermostat plugin controls the fan mode (on / auto). I have one installed with the plugin but the changing the fan mode in Homeseer seems to not effect the fan mode on the stat itself.

The way the hardward is designed it seems that the physical fan mode switch (toggle type) would prevent a remote change over z-wave.

If have 2 Tstats in my house - a TZ16 and a CA8900 - the fan mode can be controlled on the TZ16 thru the software - the fan mode on the CA8900 can not because it is a physical switch - have not had either out auto since either one was installed TZ16(2 yrs) CA8900(July 08). At different times I have monitored the number of times the fan has come on - on each unit.

Comment

Thanks for confirming that fan mode can't be controlled thru the plugin. On some locations that is fine but other locations I need to be able to turn the fan on to circulate the air. I will get the other kind of stats to do that.

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but are you talking about the WDTC-20 thermostat? If not, does anyone know if the WDTC-20 DOES allow for HS control of fan? I too need to circulate air.

what thermostat did you end up getting?

Ian
        Plugins:
        BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

WDTC-20 does not support fan control. One could use a separate X-10 relay (X-10 PUM01 Garage Door X-10 Relay) wired in parallel to the thermostat (most likely at the furnace itself R and G) to activate the fan. This may be less expensive than getting the more costly thermostat.

Comment

Working...
          X