This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wayne-Dalton WDTC-20 Error Messages

I keep getting the following error messages in my log from my Wayne-Dalton WDTC-20 using Z-Wave Thermostat Plug-in, and don't understand why they appear.

Can anyone explain? It seems to have something to do with fans, but what to do? Is it a setting or a jumper problem?

The error messages are:

8/9/2009 6:15:25 PM - ZWave Thermostats - Error in GetSupportedFanModes: Return was null

8/9/2009 6:15:47 PM - ZWave Thermostats - Received return: ERROR from thermostat at ID: 24

8/9/2009 6:15:47 PM - ZWave Thermostats - Staus Error: Error sending fan mode command (D<2>), return was ERROR ID: 24

Thanks!

This is an erroneous error and I "believe" it's been fixed in the latest beta version of HomeSeer.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Ok, so just ignore it until the next official release?

It has nothing to do with the firmware issue then?

I just ordered mine on 7/20/2009, and I am sending them back to Wayne-Dalton for a firmware upgrade. Pain.

I also just use them as a Zwave plug in thermostat instead of the HSM100 Multi-Sensor. I just get a power 24VAC power supply from Radioshack and bingo, there you go.

The HSM100 I have are just too finicky and my charts have these big holes in them all the time. The Oregon Scientific sensors with RFXCOM in some cases just dont have the range.But hey, they only cost ya 9 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
        This is an erroneous error and I "believe" it's been fixed in the latest beta version of HomeSeer.
        Just fyi - the firmware fix will take care of this error.

Thanks
        rob
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Thanks, that is good to know because I was on the fence about having to mail out again the units I just received.

So just send them in and get it over with then. Its in the mail today.

Comment

I must be "out of the loop"

I ordered 3 Wayne Dalton Thermostats about 6 months ago (from HS) and
            I also get errors like mentioned above.

I need a firmware update?

any thread on this?

any way to be kept in the loop on such changes?

Comment

Here's how I found out: I went ahead and got the paid support since I was getting the errors and wanted a quick answer. Rich replied that there was a known routing issue with the WDTC-20 thermostats and they were working with WD on a fix. In parallel, I opened a support case with WD myself and they told me to send in the units for a firmware upgrade, which I did. Rich confirmed that this was what HST found out as well.

Now, it is important to point out that these error messages *may* or *may not* cause you problems. For instance, I have a mixture of 9.6kbps and 40kbps z-wave devices and had severe instability problems and was told that this firmware fix was to address routing to/from mixed-speed devices. If you dont have problems in your z-wave network, then it may not be worth the hassle of sending them in.

To tell if you have the latest firmware, hold down the bind button for 2-3 seconds. If you get a green light on the LCD display, you have the corrected firmware loaded:
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06wRu89RlHg

Hope this helps...

Comment

I sent one of two units back for the firmware upgrade.

The only problem I encountered was adding the WDTC-20. I was holding down the Bind Button on top too long, and it added in compatibility mode.

This meant that it would show up on my status page and even rescan with all the right info, but the Zwave Thermostat plug-in would not see it.

Once I removed the new device and added it with a quick tap, it worked fine.

I am going to now remove the older firmware one from the network, and see if those error messages go away.

I am still running HomeSeer version 2.3.0.19 (Standard Build).

Comment

It looks like the error messages about the fan have stopped since the firmware upgrade. Give it one more day to be sure.

I noticed the setpoint controls appear and disappear from the status page in the control column. When they disappear, I hit the rescan button on the thermostat to get them back.

Comment

So it looks like the firmware upgrade fixed the problem without having to go to the beta. Three days with no problems since the change.

Comment

Did you need to get a return authorization number before sending the t-stats back? If so, who did you contact? And, how long did it take to get them back?

-John

Comment

I have sent both of mine back for the firmware upgrade. You don't need an RMA, but you should email them first at "homesettings at wayne-dalton dot com".

For mine one of them was repaired and shipped back the same day the other one was received/repaired and shipped back the next day.

Jeff

Comment

My experience was the same as his. The one problem was that it sat in our own mail room for about a 3 weeks before it got to my desk.

The post mark said it was sent out about 48 hours after it arrived at Wayne-Dalton.

I feel it is worth the effort to mail back your device to get it upgraded.

It is fast. The whole process should take less than a week, and only cost you postage.

Think of the pride you will have as you impress your neighbors with your firmware upgraded WDTC-20.

My Sunday school teacher thought I would not amount to anything. Ha! If that old witch could see me now with my WDTC-20 version 2!
                          Last edited by ; September 14, 2009, 09:49 PM.

Comment

This may not have anything to do with anything, but my complexion has improved since I installed the new WDTC-20.

I have also noticed my hair has gotten lot more manageable too.

Comment

HA!!! Too funny!

Comment

Working...
                              X