This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WDTC-20 Install Question

I have just installed a WDTC-20 a few weeks ago and I'm having trouble getting HSPro to work with it. I upgraded to Pro just a few days back. HS views the WDTC-20 as an on/off switch. My ZWave receiver is a USBZU0100-001. I have a HomePro ZTH100 remote that works fine with just the thermostat. I'm not sure what to do?
    ________
    The Cigar Boss
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jerry Coleman; May 15, 2011, 11:18 PM.

Are you able to control the thermostat from HS?
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

not at all. although it shows up under the Who Am I section, I have no control over the tstat at all. I can use my HomePro remote to turn it on and off, but that's isn't connected to hs.
      ________
      STRAWBERRY COUGH

Comment

If memory serves me correctly when you add this stat you have to tap the button. If you hold down the button it will add the stat as a binary device. Could this be the issue?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

It could be Rupp. To be honest, I'm not sure how long I pressed the button when I added it. I will try to remove it and re-add it to see if it helps. I have a fairly old Z-Wave setup. With the setup I'm using for Z-Wave, I first have to add the device to my HomePro ZTH-100 remote and then transfer it to my USBZU0100-001 receiver. I would so love to upgrade this but I'm facing a big time WAF factor. Have you read where others are successful using the WDTC-20 with the hardware like mine?
          ________
          COACH PURSES

Comment

Not sure if you have already done this, but after I installed two WDTC-20 thermostats, in each case I had to "create a device" and then specify the device type as a ZWave Thermostat, at that point all the normal control options appeared.

Comment

I just gave it a try but no luck... Thanks for the suggestion.
              ________

Comment

This thread is a little old, but perhaps it will give you a few ideas.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=136046

Comment

Rupp,

I did confirm that my tstat was added as a binary device. How would I erase this? would I remove it from my HomePro ZTH100 controller and re-add it or could I just delete it from hs and reload it again after I press the becon button on the tstat. My ZWave interface is an older USBZU0100-001. It's very close to the tstat.
                  ________
                  Mary Jane
                  Last edited by Jerry Coleman; May 15, 2011, 11:19 PM.

Comment

You can delete it from the ZTH100 and the Re-add it and then transfer it to the USBZU0100-001 or you can use the Remove Node under Manage and delete it out of HS and use the Add Node ro add the Tstat back if it is to far away.

Comment

Working...
                    X