This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

updating thermostat status

I am using the Trane version of the Z-Wave thermostat. I have complete control from the Status page. However, if I don't do anything, the status is never updated. If I go to the "Z-Wave Thermostat Status" page and click the little update button, it immediately gets the current status.

I'd like to make the thermostat part of my HSTouch display. Do I have to create some kind of recurring event in Homeseer to keep getting the current status? Or, is there a parameter somewhere that I have set incorrectly?

I dont have the Trane T-Stat, but I would think you need to poll for the status every 'x' seconds or so. From the Device screen, is there an option to poll? Here's a screenshot for my WDTC-20 T-Stat:
    Attached Files
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I think I am having a possible polling problem myself.

My WDTC-20 seems to default to 0 poll when I was using HomeSeer version 2.3.0.19 and Zwave Thermostat version.

This was confusing because when you go into the configuration page for Zwave Thermostat, it too had poll setting that defaulted to 600.

I had no idea which setting took precedence.

Comment

SeattleGirl - If you go to the device page and set the poll interval to something other than zero, then hit Rescan, the value will get reset back to zero or at least that's how it is with the latest beta (.127) Not sure if this is a bug with the thermostat plugin or not.

Comment

rmason, thanks for the tip. The device page did NOT show a polling option, but when I told HS to rescan, one appeared.

Comment

heh - you gotta love it when that happens!

Comment

Working...
            X