This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble w/ setup of Trane TZEMT400AB32MAA T-Stat

Having a rough time getting back into using Homesee after a several year absence.

Some background on the system:
    - I am using a Hometroller 2 running HS 2.4.0.3
    - I am using this Z-Wave controller: Aeon Labs Z-Stick Series II on COM 5
    - I am using this Z-Wave thermostat: Trane TZEMT400AB32MAA as NODE 3
    - I have this Z-Wave item on the network: HomePro ZRR150W receptacle as NODE 2

I have attached images as follows:
    - Built-In Interfaces screen: Z-Wave interface added to HS on COM 5
    - Node Info screen: Shows Node 2 (receptacle) and Node 3 (thermostat)
    - Device List from Status screen: Shows thermostat
    - Modify Device screen: Shows Thermostat on COM 5

When I added the Thermostat device, I selected Z-Wave Thermostat as the Device Type. I left Letter/Unit code as A/1. Not knowing what to put for COM port, I used COM 5, same as Z-Wave controller.

The thermostat wired up easily. All furnace functions tested out perfectly - from the thermostat directly. I am unable to control the thermostat from Homeseer.

I feel I either set HS up wrong/incomplete or the thermostat is beyond (RF) reach of HS. The Z-Wave controller is 15 feet from the Z-Wave receptacle. The Z-Wave receptacle is 15 feet from the Trane thermostat.

Looking for some input on what to check for, what to try etc.

Also, does anyone know of this thermostat can operate in a 7-day programmable mode from the thermostat directly? I don't see it in the thermostat menu. What about via Homeseer? Once I get HS communicating with the t-stat, will I be able to setup a program by day?

Thanks,

Jim
    Attached Files

Progress has been made

I called Homeseer and spoke to Rich. My error was not shutting down HS before unplugging the Z-Wave controller. Oops.

I deleted the nodes from the Z-Wave controller, shut down HS, added the Receptacle and the Thermostat. Plugged the Z-Wave controller back into the Hometroller, relaunched HS and viola! The 2 nodes appears "normally". And the thermostat now appears in my Status page.

So progress is being made.

Working on creating Temperature set-point events based on day, time and mode (working-from-home or on-the-road)

Jim

Comment

Working...
    X