This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Storing Setpoints for later use...

I would like to find a way for HS to "remember" the setpoints and mode of my TZ43 thermostat.

I have 2 TZ43 thermostats that are controlled by some simple events that I have created. However, I would like to increase my use of event control of the thermostats, but would like HS to remember my manual setpoints for later use.

The example I am think of is for my upstairs thermostat. My upstairs contains my server closet (can get very hot), my guest room/office (can get very hot because server closet is right off it) and my media/bonus room. I am in the process of trying to have a seperate cooling system for my server closet, but at this time I need to be able to use my upstairs HVAC to cool the closet.

My simple events raise and lower the setpoints based on usage of the upstairs rooms. However, I would like to be able to activate my AC in an "emergency" should the temperature in the closet rise too much. Most of the time one of my other normal HVAC events would get me pretty close to the reset temp I am looking for, but if a guest is staying, I would like to capture "their" temperature desires.

Example:

Guest sets HVAC to a cooling level of 70. The guest room can heat up quite a bit versus the media room because of the server closet, so they close the closet door. The closet then begins to heat up very quickly.

My temp sensor in the closet is set to activate an HVAC "emergency" should the closet temp rise above 90 degrees F. This kicks the thermostat to Cool with a setpoint of 66 degrees (this is set based on trial and error of cooling the media room vs. the closet). When the temp of the closet goes below 80 degrees F. I have an event that sets the thermostat based on different states (Away, Normal, Good Night, and I would like to add Guest).

The Guest state would use the stored values to reset the thermostat to their desired temperatures.

Any ideas? Please bear in mind I am a scripting idiot.

What I thought was that an event or script would need to be run/kicked off by the "emergency" event. Then based on the virtual device I have that dictates a Guest state these values could be used to put back in at the end of the "emergency".
Working...
X