Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Thermostat Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermostat Recommendations

Doing some preliminary research on replacing my HAI Omnistats with Zwave because I really like my Zwave devices!

I am looking for a thermostat that:
    Can support wireless temperature sensors
    Can support humidity control

My builder installed one of my thermostats in an area that can get direct sunlight - I am not thrilled tearing up my walls getting a remote temperature sensor installed. Are there any wireless options? Or, a zwave temperature sensor that the thermostat can read?

Does the Z-wave plugin support humidity control?

Thanks!

Ditto, I'm also looking for a Z-Wave thermostat with humidity & dehumidity control.

My HVAC is a York 100BTU 16CFM 90% Modulating UP
    Model: PC9C16N100UP11
    with a heat pump two stages
    4.0T 15S HP R410A
    Model: YZE04811

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Ron

Comment

The RCS Zwave thermostats will accept a remote sensor. But it is hardwired, not wireless.

Comment

I wanted most of the same functionality you do, but couldn't find it all, so I started with a RCS TZ43 Thermostat. I connected a hardwired OS5 outside temperature sensor, but have never been able to get this show up in HS so I gave up with that route. Now I have a ZWave HM-TS001 Temperature / Humidity sensor outside and will be getting 2 or 3 in the house, (no-one seems to have them in stock though?), that I'll monitor in HS and fire off Thermostat cooling / fan events as needed. Ultimately I'd like to put in an Air Exchanger like the HE100 and hook it to HS to reduce the HVAC use...
        All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

Comment

Homeseer compatible thermostat with humidity & dehumidity control

I'm still looking for a Z-Wave or some type of Homeseer compatible thermostat with humidity & dehumidity control.

My HVAC is a York 100BTU 16CFM 90% Modulating UP
          Model: PC9C16N100UP11
          with a heat pump two stages
          4.0T 15S HP R410A
          Model: YZE04811
          the emergency heat is natural gas.
          My existing York non communicating thermostat has these features.

Has anybody had any luck on this?

Thanks,

Ron

Comment

For what its worth, RCS responded to an inquiry I made asking about zwave humidity support and the response was they had "talked" about incorporating it in a future stat.

-rick
            -Rick

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I'll send a request to them as well. Maybe a few more requests will help move it along.

Ron

Comment

Working...
              X