Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Z-Wave Thermostat Temperature device (Why?)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave Thermostat Temperature device (Why?)

I just setup my first 4 z-wave thermostats (RCS) and notice there are two devices for each thermostat. One with just the temperature and one with temperature and all of the settings. Why are there two? Do I need the temperature one or is that a hold over from before the z-wave tstat plug in took effect?

Thanks!

-Mike

What version of HS are you running?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Professional Edition 2.4.0.1

-Mike

Comment

I have two of these as well. One is all of the information from the t-stat, with the zwave node number, and the other is just a temperature. It is listed as a Zwave Sensor Multilevel Temperature.

Using HS version 2.4.0.60, with a Wayne Dalton t-stat.

Comment

Is there a reason to keep both? Can I delete the one that's just the temperature?

-Mike

Comment

Seeing the same thing here too. HS version 2.4.0.11. Confusingly in the "Z-wave thermostat status" page the reading on the termperature only device is wrong (0.0F). On the device status page both temperatures at least read the same (currently 74.0F). I've tried hiding the temperate only, but it still shows up in a couple of places.

Comment

Working...
            X