This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave Thermostat control in a script?

I'm having a difficult time trying to determine how to control a Z-Wave thermostat within a script. I found this posting (http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...2&postcount=16) which leads me to believe its not longer supported.

Can someone tell me if there is a way to control a Z-Wave thermostat via scripts?

Thanks in advance for any assistance..

I am hopeful that someone can point you in the right direction as I posed a similar question back a number a months ago. I assume sometime the quesitons don't have an answer or they get lost in the cloud...

The text from my post:

"I presume that I must be able to create a aspx page to control the tz43. Does anyone have any sample pages they would share that would "educate" me how to perform tasks like fan on, mode (heat,cool) and set/change setpoints."

-Rick

Ps. One way to sort of accomplish this goal of controlliong the stat (I think) is to have the script run an event that causes a change to the stat, there are lots of script examples floating around here that show how trigger an event buts that not really what I want.
    -Rick

Comment

Here is my script.............

Hope this helps. change extension to .vb
      Attached Files
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows 10 vmware)
      BLOccupied:,UltraNetCam3:,weatherXML:,RFXCOM:,Current Cost 3P:,UltraGCIR3:
      DMMQTT:,Kodi:,Z-Wave:,BLRadar:,EasyTrigger:,MySensors:,BLBackup:

Comment

Thanks for the visual, it has begun to make a light illuminate in my little brain. I looks to me that the script "talks" to a hs api which in turn talks to whatever thermostat or thermostats you may have. Assuming I understand this where does one discover documentaiton for the complete api?

-r
        Last edited by rmorton27; September 12, 2010, 07:40 AM. Reason: sp?
        -Rick

Comment

http://homeseer.com/support/homeseer...lug-In_SDK.htm
          See thermostat plugins
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows 10 vmware)
          BLOccupied:,UltraNetCam3:,weatherXML:,RFXCOM:,Current Cost 3P:,UltraGCIR3:
          DMMQTT:,Kodi:,Z-Wave:,BLRadar:,EasyTrigger:,MySensors:,BLBackup:

Comment

WONDERFUL - Thank you

-rick
            -Rick

Comment

Working...
            X