Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Raise or Lower Setpoints on Zwave T-Stat - Working!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sonypoolplr View Post
    The thermostat actions doesn't have a raise or lower setpoint, just a set temp, set mode, or set fan mode.

Unless you are seeing something I am not.

Thanks.
    This is what shows up in my event action -
    ZWave Thermostats: Main Thermostat:
    Set Setpoint: Heat to 68

So I'm assuming you want to raise or lower it from its current setting rather than to an excat temperature - correct?

Comment

Yes. i am looking to be able to raise or lower it one degree.

Comment

The only way to do that is with a script. You would need to grab the current setpoint then increment it. You would also need some failsafes in there to make sure you didnt go above/below some pre-determined setpoints.

can you post a screenshot of your event with the script source displayed?
        HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
        64 Z-Wave Nodes, 168 Events, 280 Devices
        UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
        Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
        HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

Just to verify, because it seems they would include increment/decrement functions since they did on other thermostat plugins- perhaps it's in the same spot as the RCS.

On the RCS plugin you use the "set heat setpoint" selection and then you have to scroll the value listbox all the way to the end to see the increment and decrement selections. It's a little out of the way if you don't think to scroll to the extremes of the list.

jim

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
            The only way to do that is with a script. You would need to grab the current setpoint then increment it. You would also need some failsafes in there to make sure you didnt go above/below some pre-determined setpoints.

can you post a screenshot of your event with the script source displayed?

Try this:

Sub Main(ByVal parms as Object)
            Dim pi As Object
            Dim currentCoolSetPoint as Double
            Const failSafe as double = 85

pi = hs.Plugin("ZWave Thermostats")
            currentCoolSetPoint = pi.getCoolSet(1,1)
            currentCoolSetPoint = currentCoolSetPoint +1
            if currentCoolSetPoint < failSafe then pi.cmdSetCool(1, currentCoolSetPoint) 'edited to correct currentCoolSetPoint

End Sub
            Last edited by Natlion; November 14th, 2010, 03:01 PM.

Comment

I tried it and I received this error:

11/12/2010 7:30:50 PM Error Running script, script run or compile error in file: Zwave Cool Temp Up 11006:Expected ')' in line 1 More info: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EE

Comment

Originally posted by sonypoolplr View Post
                I tried it and I received this error:

11/12/2010 7:30:50 PM Error Running script, script run or compile error in file: Zwave Cool Temp Up 11006:Expected ')' in line 1 More info: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EE
                Did you name it a .vb extention?
                -Rupp
                sigpic

Comment

I made sure that the script was a .vb file. I ran the event again and I got this error:

11/14/2010 8:45:53 AM Event Running script in background: Zwave Heat Temp Up.vb
                  11/14/2010 8:45:53 AM Error Script compile error: Name 'heatSetpoint' is not declared.on line 22
                  11/14/2010 8:45:53 AM SCR Option Strict Offimports Schedulerimports SystemPublic Module scriptcode4#Region "Automatically generated code, do not modify"'Automatically generated code, do not modify'Event Sources Begin Public WithEvents hs As Scheduler.hsapplication Public WithEvents hsp As scheduler.hsp Public WithEvents hssystem As scheduler.phone0'Event Sources End'End of automatically generated code#End RegionSub Main( ByVal parms as Object)Dim pi As Object Dim currentHeatSetPoint as DoubleConst failSafe as double = 85pi = hs.Plugin("ZWave Thermostats") currentHeatSetPoint = pi.getHeatSet(1,1)currentHeatSetPoint = currentHeatSetPoint +1if heatSetpoint < failSafe then pi.cmdSetHeat(1, currentHeatSetPoint)End Sub End Module

I don't understand the error because I checked the script and there isn't a line 22?

Comment

In your if statement, change "heatSetPoint" to "currentHeatSetPoint"
                    HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
                    64 Z-Wave Nodes, 168 Events, 280 Devices
                    UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
                    Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
                    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

Thank you that got it. Thank you to all that helped with this.

Comment

Working...
                      X