This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plug in or not?

I'm hoping someone can help me. I get lots of these errors with my 4 Z-Wave RCS tstats:

Aborting poll of this thermostat due to and error retrieving the temperature. Node: x

I poll every 10 minutes and each thermostat polls with a 1 minute offset from each other.

I've seen some conflicting posts on if the Z-Wave Plugin should be used in the most current versions of HomeSeer. I'm running HS Pro 2.4.0.71

I currently have the plug in, version 1.3.0.8, installed an enabled.

Is that correct? If so, any suggestions on the error messages?

Thanks!

-Mike

That is the correct version displayed, however, this error has been reported over in the beta thread. At this point, I'm not sure what HST could do to ensure the thermostat gets polled.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Thanks. So just to confirm, we should be running the tstat plug-in, even with the most recent versions of HS. Correct?

-Mike

Comment

Originally posted by msbreton View Post
        Thanks. So just to confirm, we should be running the tstat plug-in, even with the most recent versions of HS. Correct?

-Mike
        Yes.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks. Just wanted to make sure I was configured correctly. I'll watch the beta thread for any possible updates in regard to this issue.

-Mike

Comment

I'm on 2.4.0.6 so maybe it's different in the betas, but I thought Rick wrote a while back that the thermostat plug-in was now included in the base HS programs and so the external plug-in could be safely removed? I ended up disabling mine per the pic below, and my start up log shows what I assume to be the embedded plug-in loading ok. I poll my thermostat every 55 seconds and it's worked fine like that for nearly a year. Is it that it doesn't matter whether I enable it or not, it's still going to run off the embedded plug-in?
            Attached Files
            All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

Comment

Originally posted by Olbrit View Post
              I'm on 2.4.0.6 so maybe it's different in the betas, but I thought Rick wrote a while back that the thermostat plug-in was now included in the base HS programs and so the external plug-in could be safely removed? I ended up disabling mine per the pic below, and my start up log shows what I assume to be the embedded plug-in loading ok. I poll my thermostat every 55 seconds and it's worked fine like that for nearly a year. Is it that it doesn't matter whether I enable it or not, it's still going to run off the embedded plug-in?
              I thought that is what Rick said also so mine is also disabled and seems to read and control the Trane thermostat.

Comment

Working...
              X