Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

WDTC-20 Event Triggering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WDTC-20 Event Triggering?

I haven't had time to play with this yet...and being hooked up to the furnace, I haven't wanted to trigger the thermostat by hand to play around...

BUT can anyone confirm that I can trigger events based on the thermostat calling for Heat / AC? I use the trigger to call a powertrigger event, which I use for creating a daily plot of how often the furnace is called vs outside temperature.

I used to just monitor the 24VAC that calls for the fan motor, report that using a UPB UIO32. However, if I can trigger an event without using that, I would be able to repurpose the UIO32 to do other things.

Again, just haven't had time to look.

--Dan
    Last edited by drozwood90; November 3rd, 2010, 10:55 AM. Reason: (rename title)
    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

If you can wait until later tonight, and if I can remember

I have 2 of these thermostats - one on simple strip-heat/AC and the other on HeatPump/AC. I can just monitor the logs to see what is reported back when switching between Heat/AC.
    HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
    64 Z-Wave Nodes, 168 Events, 280 Devices
    UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
    Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

Thanks!

As I said, I've just been lazy. I should just try to make an event and have it pop an e-mail or something. Just to prove that it worked.

If that's the case, I can change over, then re-purpose my UIO32

--Dan
      Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

You've actually motivated me to do the same sort of thing. I downloaded Jon00's device uptime script. I want to monitor both my HVACs and track the run time of each. I've been putting it off for a while

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
          You've actually motivated me to do the same sort of thing. I downloaded Jon00's device uptime script. I want to monitor both my HVACs and track the run time of each. I've been putting it off for a while
          Oooh...good idea about the total uptime.

Comment

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
            Oooh...good idea about the total uptime.
            heh - and graphing those daily totals so that you get an idea of the usage across days/months

Comment

Well, I dont know if this helps or not. I setup 2 events (see pic). I then walked up to the thermostat and pressed the Heat button (it was already on Cool). The event never fired, however, it triggered the event at the next polled interval. Mine is set to poll every minute, so it was almost a minute before it fired.

Hope this helps...
              Attached Files

Comment

Where do you setup the poll? I made an even that polls the device, but if there is something I missed in the Z-Wave setup, that would REALLY be helpful!!

--Dan

Comment

Here is the Modify Page:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Correct - polling is done at the device level. What interval did you end up going with?

Comment

I started with 60 seconds. I guess that'll give me 1 minute resolution to my capturing.

I don't mind having a short poll, as the only Z-Wave I have is the thermostat.

Maybe I'll change that to 2 min. or more.

--Dan

Comment

Yeah, I go 60 seconds on one and 75 on the other to (hopefully) prevent collisions. I still get a handful of polling failures a day on both, but it's no big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                          heh - and graphing those daily totals so that you get an idea of the usage across days/months
                          Quoting my own message, but here's what I came up with displayed on my quickview page:
                          Attached Files

Comment

Neat!

Looks like I have some "work" to do.

--Dan

Comment

Working...
                            X