2Gig Tstat ZWave setup help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2Gig Tstat ZWave setup help needed

Just bought a new 2Gig Tstat. I have added it to my Zwave controller nodes. I cannot figure out how to setup HSPro with the proper plugin and device info. I updated my system and got the Zwave tstat plugin but cannot seem to figure out how to activate it and the tstat device. When I look to add a device there is no option for a Zwave thermostat. Juts light and appliance modules. What am I missing????

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob Silver

All of my equipment is X10, if I would order this 2gig thermostat, do I need something else to make it work with my setup?
    Thanks for any info,
    Dan
    danielbo

Comment

once I added mine to ztroller it showed up in the status menu but did not work. I restarted HS and it show up as a thermostat under the plugin menu

also which version of HS are you running, I'm at 2.5.0.2

Comment

That is what I am running also, so I dont need to buy anything else but the thermostat, or do I have to buy a ztroller controler also? since I just have all x10.

Originally posted by gary_dn View Post
        once I added mine to ztroller it showed up in the status menu but did not work. I restarted HS and it show up as a thermostat under the plugin menu

danielbo

Comment

if you have a zwave controller listed below you should be all set

Requirements
          Z-Wave networks that support "beaming"
          HomeSeer Z-Troller or Aeon Labs Z-Stick Interface (with Zensys 5.02 firmware library)

Comment

Originally posted by gary_dn View Post

I am running 2.5.0.2 as well. When I add the device I am using the function under the setup - interfaces - zwave - manage The tstat shows up under nodes as not added to HS. When I reboot it does not show up under status. There is nothing showing up under plugins That is what is driving me nuts.

Bob

Comment

Try deleting it using your zwave controller, then making sure you delete what you see in homeseer if anything. reboot homeseer, then try adding back.

mine did not add the first time, homeseer locked up. I had to reboot then it would not see the controller. Mine did not go smoothly as well

Comment

Originally posted by GaryDN View Post
                Try deleting it using your zwave controller, then making sure you delete what you see in homeseer if anything. reboot homeseer, then try adding back.

mine did not add the first time, homeseer locked up. I had to reboot then it would not see the controller. Mine did not go smoothly as well

OK that worked. I now see the plugin and the Tstat was added to Homeseer. Now my issues appear to be send and receive commands consistently.

I am running this on batteries. It seems to work some of the time. I am getting proper updates from temp and setting. But unless I touch the unit BEFORE sending a command I get Error sending setpoint command (43-2-1), return was ERROR ID: 12. I suspect this has to do with its power saving. I know that it requires something like "burst" mode but not sure how to get that working??

Comment

I was having that issue too last night. I moved the thermostat near another zwave device, had the system relearn it neighbors and it work fine. woke up this morning and tested communications and it responded with no issues. ( I did not touch it at all). So make sure you have had all the units learn it new neighbor.

good luck

Comment

Originally posted by GaryDN View Post
                    I was having that issue too last night. I moved the thermostat near another zwave device, had the system relearn it neighbors and it work fine. woke up this morning and tested communications and it responded with no issues. ( I did not touch it at all). So make sure you have had all the units learn it new neighbor.

good luck
                    I reoptimzed my zwave network. The optimization came back fine but that still doesn't work. I still have to touch the display to wake it. Was there any setting you changed on your unit?

Comment

is yours mounted yet? mine is not, I moved it this morning back to where it will get mounted and it started to not communicated. about 13-15 ft away from the nearest module. I move it with in 12 ft of a module and now it works again. I did play with all the settings but there is not much to change on it. Have you tried resetting the unit by removing the batteries?

I would move it closer to another module and see if that is where the problem is. I think when it sleeps it reception is limited.

Comment

No mine is not mounted. It is sitting on my desk about 2 feet from my Zwave Smart Stick. So the only way it could be closer is if I put it next to it. I did optimize the network and that had no effect. At this point I'd say this is a non starter and will probably be going back to Homeseer store.

The only other thoughts are again I know it stated somewhere it needed RF bursts to wake it. I dont know how to make that happen. I set polling for 60 seconds but that has had no effect.

And lastly maybe it needs to be mounted?? But I doubt that as when it works its functioning as it should.

Bob Silver

Comment

Seemsvmy issue is that the zwave smart stick firmware needs to be updated to the latest which supports beaming. I am going to give that a try next.

Comment

I'm having the same issue. I just installed the 2Gig tstat, and I get a "Error sending temperature command (31-4), return was ERROR ID: 46" when sending a command. If I touch the screen and wake the tstat up, everything seems to work fine. This seems to be an issue with the thermostat itself. Are others having this issue?

Comment

Originally posted by mjackowski View Post
                              I'm having the same issue. I just installed the 2Gig tstat, and I get a "Error sending temperature command (31-4), return was ERROR ID: 46" when sending a command. If I touch the screen and wake the tstat up, everything seems to work fine. This seems to be an issue with the thermostat itself. Are others having this issue?
                              What Z-Wave interface and firmware are you running?
                              -Rupp
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X