Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

2GIG Thermonstat Operating Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2GIG Thermonstat Operating Mode

The operating mode in the status always says heating. I would have thought if it wasn't actively heating it would say something else.

I was hoping to use that status change to control a fan so that when the heat comes on, a fan is switched on to circulate the air (the thermostat is controls a propane space heater which is purely radiant). After some period after the mode switched to not-heating (or whatever it would be) I was planning on turning the fan off.

Is this a defect in the thermostat?

Hmm, just saw it change to idle for the first time. Maybe I had to ask the question...

Comment

Ok, weird, it just went back to heating but it's not heating. The heat is off. Something is wacko.

Comment

So generally, I see the operating mode as "Heating" whether it is heating or not. I've only seen the "Idle" state once. I think there is a defect somewhere here.

Comment

Is your tstat routing through any non beaming devices?
          -Rupp
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
            Is your tstat routing through any non beaming devices?
            How would I find out? And if so, what do I do about it?

Comment

Originally posted by mkropp View Post
              How would I find out? And if so, what do I do about it?
              You could load Z-Seer and see your Z-Wave network nodes. To fix it you would need to add a beaming device near the stat.
              -Rupp
              sigpic

Comment

Check out this thread for more information.
                http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...GIG+thermostat
                -Rupp
                sigpic

Comment

If you manually poll the unit does it display the correct information, i was going to buy a 2gig stat but i was told you have to poll the unit to get the updated information, it doesnt update in real time, i guess you could increase your poll time, but that would shorten the life of the batteries...

-Tom-
                  -Tom-

Comment

I haven't played with it much since posting in http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=145198, but this is what I remember seeing...

The plugin is not returning the correct operating mode. I thought the plugin may be updating the wrong internal state since it appears to be normally firing 4 'operating mode state changed to any' events per on/off cycle - 2 when the thermostat really changes, and 2 when the plugin polls after the actual change (I think). Between the thermostat going off and the first poll, you will see heat mode off/idle (not operating mode like it should be). I played with tracking the 4 states with a device update to see if the extra 2 could be skipped (0->1 means idle, 1->2 skip, 2->3 means running, 3->4 skip) but it seemed like I got some extra changes along the way and got out of sync.

Since I wasn't sure whether the thermostat even supported operating mode status, I didn't investigate any more. It would be nice to get a definitive answer. At some point I'll probably add the WiFi module anyway - not sure if Radio Thermostats is selling them yet.

Comment

Working...
                    X