Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Is there a "Heat pump enabled" mode with Z-wave thermostats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a "Heat pump enabled" mode with Z-wave thermostats?

Just wondering if there is a Is there a "Heat pump enabled" mode with Z-wave thermostats as there for my current RCS TX15B? Thanks. Elliott

Are you asking if any of the Z-Wave stats work with heat pumps.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for your response and sorry that I was not as precise as I should have been. I know that the Z-wave thermostats work with heat pumps. However, with the RCS X10 thermostat there is a "Heat Pump Recovery Mode," which is implemented by software (the plug-in). According to the documenation for the RCS X10 thermostat plug-in, this mode "if enabled...limits physical setpoint changes to one degree at a time until desired setpoint is reached." This prevents use of auxiliary heater. Elliott

Comment

I'm not aware of any setting like this for the built in Z-Wave stat plugin. You may want to check out Blades new Z-Stat plugin and see if he is going to implement something like this.
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

Thank you, sir.

Comment

Working...
          X