Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Plug-in version?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plug-in version?

On my "Setup / Interfaces" tab the ZWave Thermostat plug-in lists as "HSPI_ZWAVETHERM.DLL". However, it says the version is N/A, while every other plug-in as a version numbers. I was curious how to tell what version I have, so I decided to go look at the version properties of the DLL. Imagine my surprise: There is no such file!

Am I missing something?

Steve

Somewhere a couple versions back I believe that plug-in became part of the Homeseer release itself. Hopefully someone else can confirm my thinking.

Comment

Yes the Z-Wave stat is now built into HS and is controlled by HS. What I'm not sure of is if the .dll is still needed. I need to ask Rick about this. You could do a quick test and delete the .dll and restart HS and see if it is replaced.
      -Rupp
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
        Yes the Z-Wave stat is now built into HS and is controlled by HS. What I'm not sure of is if the .dll is still needed. I need to ask Rick about this. You could do a quick test and delete the .dll and restart HS and see if it is replaced.
        But... like I said, although there is a DLL listed on the interfaces page, I don't see the actual file anywhere. Therefore I don't think I can delete it. If it is actually built into HS now, it sounds like the setup page needs to be modified to make it more like the Z-Wave controller management, rather than referred to as a plug-in.

Isn't a plug-in for the Z-wave thermostats still listed on the Updater?

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by stevea View Post
          But... like I said, although there is a DLL listed on the interfaces page, I don't see the actual file anywhere. Therefore I don't think I can delete it. If it is actually built into HS now, it sounds like the setup page needs to be modified to make it more like the Z-Wave controller management, rather than referred to as a plug-in.

Isn't a plug-in for the Z-wave thermostats still listed on the Updater?

Steve
          Yes as the older versions of HomeSeer still use this. I would put in a help desk request and I can assign it to Rick if you want to relay this information.
          -Rupp
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X