Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Speaking Thermostat Current Temperature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking Thermostat Current Temperature

hi,

i am having an issue speaking the temp in my script file. i have a zwave thermostat plugin for my trane stat...i also see a zwave thermostat temperature sensor in my status devices. i entered the number that is represented in my device as Qx for both the stat and the temp sensor but no luck...i do not have a zwave config file to look up the device number either...how can i confirm my device number?

does the gettemp get the value in the device? my stat has a value = 0 while my temp sensor has value = 7100 for 71 degrees...so i would think i would need to get that value?

thanks,

anyone with ideas?

Comment

Can you reiterate your issue as I'm not following what you are wanting to do here.
      -Rupp
      sigpic

Comment

I am trying to run a script to speak the temperature of my thermostat. Having an issue trying to find the device number to use in my script.

Comment

Is your temp stored in a device string? If so you can parse it out of the string. Use something like &msgbox(hs.deviceString("A1")) to get the value of the string and post it here and we will show you how to parse it out. You can run the command from the Control menu, Immediate Script Command field.
          -Rupp
          sigpic

Comment

here is my script:

Sub Main()

Dim rval

rval = hs.plugin("ZWave Thermostats").GetTemp(3)
            hs.speak("Thermostat temperature is " & rval)
            End Sub

can't find the correct number to put into GetTemp...I only have one zwave thermostat.

Comment

Since you only have 1 thermostat.
              Try this:

Code:
              Sub Main()
                  Dim rval As Double = 0
                  rval = hs.plugin("ZWave Thermostats").GetTemp(1,1)
                  hs.speak("Thermostat temperature is " & rval)
                  rval = Nothing
              End Sub
              Cheers,
              Bob
              Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

It worked thanks! I thought I tried that before but guess not....so if I add a seond thermostat then what will that be?

Comment

Working...
                X