Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Increase/decrease set point based on X10 remote?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Increase/decrease set point based on X10 remote?

Hey guys, just got my Trane thermostat and Z-wave usb stick working. Things are great, but I can't figure out how to increase or decrease the current set point based on buttons on an X10 mini remote. I can set up the event just fine, it's just that I can't do anything but set a specific temperature from a pulldown list.

Can someone tell me how I can get this accomplished? Do I have to write a script or something?

There should be an action that you can trigger with X10 received. ie
    Action type: Thermostat: Raise or Lower the Setpoint
    Themostat: Node 11
    Amount: 1 Degrees
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately all I'm seeing is 'Set Mode', 'Set Fan Mode' and 'Set Setpoint'. The 'Set Setpoint' is the option I'm using and it only allows for the absolute temperature.

Comment

Originally posted by dinki View Post
        Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately all I'm seeing is 'Set Mode', 'Set Fan Mode' and 'Set Setpoint'. The 'Set Setpoint' is the option I'm using and it only allows for the absolute temperature.
        What version of HS are your running?

Comment

Standard Edition 2.5.0.20

Comment

You can use a script to get the current set point and then add or subtract 1 degree. I thought about doing this, but I changed my mind because there is no feedback on a miniremote or palmpad. You will not know if the x10 command was received until your furnace or AC turns ON.

I use my iTouch to enter the set point I want. I just use the "zWave Status" button in the thermostat plugin.

Steve Q
            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
            2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Understood on the feedback. I'd just like to be able to bump the ac up or down from bed so it should be fine without the feedback.

Rupp is saying that I should have this functionality available to me but I can't figure out why I don't see these options. Do I need to have something special installed?

Comment

Rupp is thinking about HSTouch which has this functionality. Native support for this in HS is not possible without scripting.
                HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                  Rupp is thinking about HSTouch which has this functionality. Native support for this in HS is not possible without scripting.
                  Yep, sorry. I was thinking you were wanting to do this from within HSTouch.

Comment

Gotcha. I've got zero experience with HS Scripting but I've done a bit of scripting/coding in the past. Is there a newbies guide to scripting in HS? Is this going to be a chore for me to figure out?

Comment

Check out this thread for an example script to do this.
                      http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...ght=CmdSetCool

Comment

Try this:
                        Name is with a .vb extension

Code:
                        Sub Main(ByVal parms as Object)
                        Dim pi As Object 
                        Dim currentCoolSetPoint as Double
                        Const failSafe as double = 85

pi = hs.Plugin("ZWave Thermostats") 
                        currentCoolSetPoint = pi.getCoolSet(1,1)
                        currentCoolSetPoint = currentCoolSetPoint +1
                        if currentCoolSetPoint < failSafe then pi.cmdSetCool(1, currentCoolSetPoint) 'edited to correct currentCoolSetPoint

End Sub

Comment

Fantastic! Got it to work and modified it to go the other direction as well. Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

One last thing. Would it be hard to modify the script so that it would write out the new set point to the log file? I'd like to be able to see what and when I change the value to so that I can possibly make adjustments to my thermostat scheduling.

Also, Is there some sort of newbie guide to scripting somewhere? I'm sure I could find some other areas of my HA that I could improve with some scripts.

Comment

Just add a line like hs.writelog "info", tempVariable

The HomeSeer help files have all the scripting commands and many have examples.
                              Like this for HS.WriteLog
                              http://www.homeseer.com/support/home...2/homeseer.htm

Comment

Working...
                              X