Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am running HS as a stand alone program. It is not a service.

Even with the plugin Disabled I continue to see the 'ZWave Thermostats Status' Page with all the Thermostats listed. I am able to turn my systems on and off. Every indication is that the plugin is actually Enabled and working.

When I toggled the plugin on to off (Enable, Save and then Disable) the version changes to 1.3.0.8. HS must be restarted to get the Plugin Interface to revert back to version 2.5.0.20.

I found the HSPI_ZWAVETHERM.dll in my HS2 directory and it is version 1.3.0.8. I removed the dll and restarted the computer. Even with the plugin Disabled the startup error messages appear. The Thermostats continue to work correctly and the interface version now reads N/A.

I seem to remeber that the ZWave Thermostats are now part of the HS build? Perhaps I have other old files causing this strange behavior that need to be deleted?

Comment

Originally posted by stevencroll View Post
      I am running HS as a stand alone program. It is not a service.

Even with the plugin Disabled I continue to see the 'ZWave Thermostats Status' Page with all the Thermostats listed. I am able to turn my systems on and off. Every indication is that the plugin is actually Enabled and working.

When I toggled the plugin on to off (Enable, Save and then Disable) the version changes to 1.3.0.8. HS must be restarted to get the Plugin Interface to revert back to version 2.5.0.20.

I found the HSPI_ZWAVETHERM.dll in my HS2 directory and it is version 1.3.0.8. I removed the dll and restarted the computer. Even with the plugin Disabled the startup error messages appear. The Thermostats continue to work correctly and the interface version now reads N/A.

I seem to remeber that the ZWave Thermostats are now part of the HS build? Perhaps I have other old files causing this strange behavior that need to be deleted?
      Yep, See post #12
      What are the specs on your PC , CPU , memory and firmware on the Z-Stick? Did this ever work for you error free or did it just start?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Apparently my problems are not over:

Code:
        4/18/2011 10:00:00 PM 	Event 	Event Trigger "Set Temp Sleep Cool"
        4/18/2011 10:00:00 PM 	ZWave Thermostats 	Setting Z-Wave Thermostat 2 Cool setpoint to 73
        4/18/2011 10:00:00 PM 	ZWave Thermostats 	Aborting poll of this thermostat due to an error retrieving the temperature. Z-Wave Thermostat 2 Node: 2
        I'm running a script that allows me to increase/decrease the set temperature. I tried this after the above command(s) had run. While the tstat did go to 73F, when I ran the script, to raise the temperature, it did receive the command but set the temp to 77F (previous set temp 76F +1F). I guess I need to poll for the current temperature each time before running the script just to be safe?

Comment

Originally posted by dinki View Post
          Apparently my problems are not over:

Code:
          4/18/2011 10:00:00 PM 	Event 	Event Trigger "Set Temp Sleep Cool"
          4/18/2011 10:00:00 PM 	ZWave Thermostats 	Setting Z-Wave Thermostat 2 Cool setpoint to 73
          4/18/2011 10:00:00 PM 	ZWave Thermostats 	Aborting poll of this thermostat due to an error retrieving the temperature. Z-Wave Thermostat 2 Node: 2
          I'm running a script that allows me to increase/decrease the set temperature. I tried this after the above command(s) had run. While the tstat did go to 73F, when I ran the script, to raise the temperature, it did receive the command but set the temp to 77F (previous set temp 76F +1F). I guess I need to poll for the current temperature each time before running the script just to be safe?
          Ideally, you would want your script to get the current setpoint and/or the current temperature and only set the new setpoint when there was no error.
          What does your script look like?
          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Here it is:

Code:
            Sub Main(ByVal parms as Object)
            Dim pi As Object 
            Dim currentCoolSetPoint as Double
            Const failSafe as double = 70

pi = hs.Plugin("ZWave Thermostats") 
            currentCoolSetPoint = pi.getCoolSet(1,1)
            currentCoolSetPoint = currentCoolSetPoint -1
            hs.writelog( "Info", currentCoolSetPoint)
            if currentCoolSetPoint > failSafe then pi.cmdSetCool(1, currentCoolSetPoint) 

End Sub

Comment

Originally posted by dinki View Post
              Here it is:

Code:
              Sub Main(ByVal parms as Object)
              Dim pi As Object 
              Dim currentCoolSetPoint as Double
              [B]Dim currentTemperature as Double[/B]
              Const failSafe as double = 70

pi = hs.Plugin("ZWave Thermostats") 

[B]currentTemperature = pi.getTemp(1)[/B]
              currentCoolSetPoint = pi.getCoolSet(1,1)
              currentCoolSetPoint = currentCoolSetPoint -1
              hs.writelog( "Info", currentCoolSetPoint)
              if currentCoolSetPoint > failSafe then pi.cmdSetCool(1, currentCoolSetPoint) 

End Sub
              gotcha - you would want to add a call to GetTemp(1) to get the current temperature. My understanding is that this will poll the device.
              HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
              54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
              Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I'll give it a try. Thanks for your help!

Comment

I've traced my startup errors to some events that run scripts to populate device values for MainLobby. They are attempting to read values from the thermostats before they have fully initialized and this has caused the errors I'm seeing at startup.
                  Rupp, thank you for your assistance on the boards. You've been a big help to me and a lot of other HS users!

Comment

I get the same errors

I have been getting the same errors as reported above since moving to 25.5.0.20. I have been running scripts that loop around and set/get various properties of the thermostats. I never had any problems until x.x.x.20. I have tried all the suggestions in the above thread and nothing has worked. Thinking of going back to x.x.x.5...

My startup shows no errors, but if i run a script to -- say for instance, to set all thermostats to AUTO (now that it is springtime) -- I get the same object errors as others have reported in this thread.

Any ideas?

Comment

rollback to 2.5.0.5 worked

Have to believe it is a bug in .20...
                      Last edited by ; May 23, 2011, 09:31 AM.

Comment

I could use some help here as well. I replaced my Trane theromstat with a new CT30 Radio Thermostat. The CT30 is working correctly from HomeSeer and the ZWave Thermostatus Status page.

However, from my script which monitors the current temperature, it fails on the line with "pi.GetTemp". The error is "Error in HSPI.GetTemp, Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Plugins may be out of sync, restart HomeSeer"

Here is the snippet of the script:

Dim thermostatNumber As Integer = 1
                        Dim pi As Object = hs.Plugin("ZWave Thermostats")
                        Dim curTemp As Integer = pi.GetTemp(thermostatNumber)

As per Rupp's postings, I have disabled the Thermostat Plugin, shut down HomeSeer and then rebooted the server. I have also tried reimporting the and rescanning the ZWave devices. Neither has solve the problem.

On side note: On my iPad, the Trane theromstat was working correctly before I replaced it. Now with the CT30, it does not work and shows N/A for the status. I have installed the iTouch server 1.0.0.56. I need to do that to get the weather working.

Any suggestions on how to get "pi.GetTemp" working again?

EDIT: I just noticed that the old Trane thermostat used to update the value of the device (in my case Q5) with the current temperature. The CT30 does not do that. The current value is always 0. Is there a mismatch in the plugs and HomeSeer version? I'm running HSPro 2.5.0.52 and the Thermostat plugin version 1.3.0.8.
                        Last edited by mlucas; April 1, 2012, 01:23 PM. Reason: Additional comments.

Comment

Working...
                        X