This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugins out of sync. Restart Homeseer

'm using a Trane thermostat and Z-wave usb stick. I had to restart HS this morning and noticed this message in my logs:

Code:
    4/14/2011 11:04:23 AM  	ZWave Thermostats  	Error in HSPI.GetTemp, Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Plugins may be out of sync, restart HomeSeer
    4/14/2011 11:04:23 AM  	ZWave Thermostats  	Error in HSPI.GetHeatSet, Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Plugins may be out of sync, restart HomeSeer
    4/14/2011 11:04:23 AM  	ZWave Thermostats  	Error in HSPI.GetCoolSet, Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Plugins may be out of sync, restart HomeSeer
    4/14/2011 11:04:23 AM  	ZWave Thermostats  	Error in HSPI.GetModeSet, Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Plugins may be out of sync, restart HomeSeer
    4/14/2011 11:04:23 AM  	ZWave Thermostats  	Error in HSPI.GetFanMode, Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Plugins may be out of sync, restart HomeSeer
    4/14/2011 11:04:23 AM  	ZWave Thermostats  	Error in HSPI.GetCurrentMode, Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Plugins may be out of sync, restart HomeSeer
    4/14/2011 11:04:23 AM  	ZWave Thermostats  	Error in HSPI.GetOperating, Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Plugins may be out of sync, restart HomeSeer
    4/14/2011 11:04:23 AM  	ZWave Thermostats  	Error in HSPI.GetHoldMode, Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Plugins may be out of sync, restart HomeSeer
    4/14/2011 11:04:23 AM  	ZWave Thermostats  	Error in HSPI.GetHoldMode, Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Plugins may be out of sync, restart HomeSeer
    4/14/2011 11:04:23 AM  	ZWave Thermostats  	1 Thermostats converted Successfully.
    I restarted HS but I keep getting this error message. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to resolve this? Thanks!

What version of HS are you running?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Standard Edition 2.5.0.20

Comment

Did a second restart solve this?

Comment

No. It is still doing this eventhough it appears everything is working fine. I'd like to resolve this if possible. Any ideas?

Comment

On your Setup -> Interfaces tab, disable the ZWave Thermostats plugin.
            Make sure you hit "Save" at the bottom of the screen.
            Shutdown HomeSeer and reboot.
            When HS comes back up, go back in and enable the ZWave Thermostats plugin.

Give that a whirl and see if it helps.
            HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Even with the interface turned off, I'm getting this:

Code:
              4/16/2011 1:15:58 PM  Startup  Running the Startup.txt Script 
              4/16/2011 1:15:58 PM  ZWave Thermostats  Error in GetSupportedModes for node 2: Return was null 
              4/16/2011 1:15:59 PM  ZWave Thermostats  Error in GetSupportedSets for node 2: Return was null 
              4/16/2011 1:15:59 PM  ZWave Thermostats  Error in GetSupportedFanModes for node 2: Return was null 
              4/16/2011 1:15:59 PM  ZWave Thermostats  Devices Updated for thermostat: Z-Wave Thermostat 2 
              4/16/2011 1:15:59 PM  ZWave Thermostats  Aborting poll of this thermostat due to an error retrieving the temperature. Z-Wave Thermostat 2 Node: 2 
              4/16/2011 1:15:59 PM  ZWave Thermostats  1 Thermostats converted Successfully.
              and with it reenabled I get this:

Code:
              4/16/2011 1:19:05 PM  Startup  Start up complete. 
              4/16/2011 1:19:06 PM  ZWave Thermostats  Error in GetSupportedModes for node 2: Return was null 
              4/16/2011 1:19:06 PM  ZWave Thermostats  Error in GetSupportedSets for node 2: Return was null 
              4/16/2011 1:19:07 PM  ZWave Thermostats  Error in GetSupportedFanModes for node 2: Return was null 
              4/16/2011 1:19:07 PM  ZWave Thermostats  Devices Updated for thermostat: Z-Wave Thermostat 2 
              4/16/2011 1:19:07 PM  ZWave Thermostats  Aborting poll of this thermostat due to an error retrieving the temperature. Z-Wave Thermostat 2 Node: 2 
              4/16/2011 1:19:07 PM  ZWave Thermostats  1 Thermostats converted Successfully.
              I'm attaching a screenshot of my tstat devices. Should I have that many?

This is now causing some problems as now the script I had to control the temp up and down isn't getting the right set point and thus not able to adjust the tstat remotely. Sigh... THanks for the help.

**EDIT** Well I was able to regain remote control after forcing an update from the status page . I haven't tried restarting again yet though.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by dinki; April 16, 2011, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dinki View Post
                **EDIT** Well I was able to regain remote control after forcing an update from the status page . I haven't tried restarting again yet though.
                Are you still getting those errors in your log?

Comment

Code:
                  4/16/2011 3:00:12 PM 	ZWave Thermostats 	Error in GetSupportedFanModes for node 2: Return was null
                  Down to just this one ....

Comment

Good! For this error, try a rescan on the thermostat from the Status screen.

Comment

Same Issue with Thermostats

I am experiencng the same issue while using 2.5.0.20. However, a restart and disabling the plugin will not clear the error messages. I have three themostats and see the same errors on each restart. Any other possible causes? I find it strange that I'm seeing errors at startup even with the plugin disabled.

Comment

Originally posted by stevencroll View Post
                        I am experiencng the same issue while using 2.5.0.20. However, a restart and disabling the plugin will not clear the error messages. I have three themostats and see the same errors on each restart. Any other possible causes? I find it strange that I'm seeing errors at startup even with the plugin disabled.
                        Even if you disable the plugin HomeSeer internally re-enables it. Did you try rebooting the server?

Comment

Yes, I've tried restarting the server with the plug-in disabled and changed various settings of the thermostats. The error continues to persist and I'm not sure if it is anything to worry about. Everything seems to work correctly, but I don't understand the errors. Here is the log file that is shown at start-up.

4/18/2011 12:18:10 AM - ZWave Thermostats - Devices Updated for thermostat: Living Thermostat
                          4/18/2011 12:18:11 AM - ZWave Thermostats - Error in HSPI.GetModeSet, Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Plugins may be out of sync, restart HomeSeer
                          4/18/2011 12:18:11 AM - ZWave Thermostats - Error in HSPI.GetCoolSet, Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Plugins may be out of sync, restart HomeSeer
                          4/18/2011 12:18:11 AM - ZWave Thermostats - Error in HSPI.GetHeatSet, Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Plugins may be out of sync, restart HomeSeer
                          4/18/2011 12:18:11 AM - ZWave Thermostats - Error in HSPI.GetFanMode, Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Plugins may be out of sync, restart HomeSeer
                          4/18/2011 12:18:11 AM - ZWave Thermostats - Error in HSPI.GetTemp, Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Plugins may be out of sync, restart HomeSeer
                          4/18/2011 12:18:12 AM - ZWave Thermostats - Error in HSPI.GetModeSet, Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Plugins may be out of sync, restart HomeSeer
                          4/18/2011 12:18:12 AM - ZWave Thermostats - Error in HSPI.GetCoolSet, Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Plugins may be out of sync, restart HomeSeer
                          4/18/2011 12:18:12 AM - ZWave Thermostats - Error in HSPI.GetHeatSet, Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Plugins may be out of sync, restart HomeSeer
                          4/18/2011 12:18:12 AM - ZWave Thermostats - Error in HSPI.GetFanMode, Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Plugins may be out of sync, restart HomeSeer
                          4/18/2011 12:18:12 AM - ZWave Thermostats - Error in HSPI.GetTemp, Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Plugins may be out of sync, restart HomeSeer
                          4/18/2011 12:18:18 AM - ZWave Thermostats - Devices Updated for thermostat: Master Thermostat
                          4/18/2011 12:18:24 AM - ZWave Thermostats - Devices Updated for thermostat: Playroom Thermostat
                          4/18/2011 12:18:25 AM - ZWave Thermostats - 3 Thermostats converted Successfully.

Comment

Are you running HomeSeer as a service?

Comment

Seems most of my problems have been solved, but I did notice a strange side effect from all my twiddling: my tstat temp is now showing up in Celcius on my status page and I have no idea how to fix it! Everything is in Fahrenheit when I go to the Zwave Thermostats Status page. Any ideas on what caused this or how to fix it?

*EDIT* Grr.. Found it on the setup page. I'm still not sure why this changed but it also changed my log settings as well.
                              Last edited by dinki; April 18, 2011, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X