This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trane Tstat not reporting current temperature

I'm using a Trane thermostat and Z-wave usb stick using the current verison of HS2. I able to control the set points, turn the unit off/on, etc just fine. The problem I'm having is that I am only sometimes seeing when the measured room temperature changes in my logs. Also, the updated temperature is not shown on the thermostat control web page until I manually click the update button.

On start up I am seeing this error:

Code:
    4/21/2011 8:05:27 AM 	ZWave Thermostats 	Aborting poll of this thermostat due to and error retrieving the temperature. Node: 2
    I'm trying to get BLStat plugin working so that I can track my usage. BLStat can control the set points via the schedule it has, but it is not detecting the temperature changes nor the run state of the thermostat.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get things working?

How far is the stat from your controller? Do you have any beaming devices near the stat as the only devices that can talk to the stat are beaming devices like the schlage lamp module.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

It's about 20' away in a room with glass doors on it. I don't have any other Z-wave devices besides the tstat. Does the usb stick need line-of-sight to the tstat?

Comment

Originally posted by dinki View Post
        It's about 20' away in a room with glass doors on it. I don't have any other Z-wave devices besides the tstat. Does the usb stick need line-of-sight to the tstat?
        Try as an experiment if you can, moving the controller as close to the stat as you can and see if you can successfully poll the device.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          Try as an experiment if you can, moving the controller as close to the stat as you can and see if you can successfully poll the device.
          I'll give that a try, but please understand that I am able to poll the device manually via the 'UPDATE' button on the Tstat web page. I can do this repeatably without failure.

Comment

I've got the Zwave stick a bit closer and it is definitely has an unobstructed path to the tstat. I restarted HS and did not get any errors but I'm still not seeing any temperature updates except for when I force them. I'm really confused why this is not working.

Any ideas?

Comment

I have the Trane t-stat and the z-stick (Aeon) and they working properly.

Which temperature are you talking about? There are 2 temperatures, one reported from Q? (the temperature only z-wave device) and the other Q?? (included in the thermostat values). The "temperature only" device will send out an update whenever the temperature changes. If the temperature does not change it will not send out any information. Thus it may appear it is not sending information. The other temperature value included in the thermostat information is only updated if it is polled. Therefore, polling by Homeseer must be turned on in before you will see the temperature change.

Steve Q
              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
              2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

I'm attaching an image of my devices. It looks like I have three devices for the tstat. Is this normal?

What I'm really trying to do is measure my usage using Blade's BLStat plugin. It does not seem to be able to tell when the temperature changes, a/c comes on or goes off, fan state, etc. This does not seem to be updating automatically. I guess you're saying that the tstat web page has to be manually updated?

I know that I've seen entries in my HS log that said something along the lines of 'Temperature changed to 76F' or similar. I'm not seeing these in the logs on a consistent basis. Should I?

*EDIT* The unit just went to 76F (from 77F) and this is not reflected in any of the tstat devices.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
                  Therefore, polling by Homeseer must be turned on in before you will see the temperature change.

Where is this set?

*EDIT* Polling was disabled. I turned it on (60 seconds) and it appears to be working. Is this turned off by default or something? Thanks for the help.
                  Last edited by dinki; April 21, 2011, 07:06 PM.

Comment

You have a duplicate of Q2. You can delete one of them.

Click on the device name (blue lettering). A configuration page will come up. Set polling to your desired value. Perhaps 300 seconds.

I am not using Blade's Plugin. I am using the Homeseer z-wave thermostat plugin found in the updater.

Steve Q
                    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
                      You have a duplicate of Q2. You can delete one of them.
                      I noticed that but one has options for controlling the thermostat (buttons on device page) while the other (bottom one) does not. Can I safely delete the bottom one?

Click on the device name (blue lettering). A configuration page will come up. Set polling to your desired value. Perhaps 300 seconds.
                      Found it. Not sure why it wasn't set to poll to begin with though.

I am not using Blade's Plugin. I am using the Homeseer z-wave thermostat plugin found in the updater.

Steve Q
                      I have both installed now. Everything seems to be working well. Thanks for the help.

Comment

I would delete all 3 from the Status page and do another Import Devices

Comment

Working...
                        X