Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Change units from Fahrenheit to Celsius?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my issue aut-fixed itself

Originally posted by fdarden View Post
    Not sure if this is the same issue, but I recently upgraded to the latest .23 release as well, and one of my Wayne-Dalton thermostats is showing up in Fahrenheit, the other Celsius. They should both be showing up F, and Homeseer in the general section is set to Fahrenheit. I removed the problem node from the network, and added it back, but its still shows Celsius. Im at a loss as to how to further troubleshoot the issue.
    After several reboots and zwave scans, my thermostat has switched back to proper operation on Fahrenheit.

Comment

Paul,
      I did open a ticket on this and as you note was sent .28 as a fix (NB .28 not the .29 you mention). I haven't checked from my iTouch/iPhone yet, but although the displays on the stat and ZWstat_status pages now show correctly in Celsius, trying on a regular PC interface to set an event setpoint temp only has the options for 13 through 19 both for the cool and heat setpoints. That range works for us if we were heating, but isn't too practical (or cost efficient) for us this summer on the cooling. I wrote back and suggested perhaps 19 through 25 for the cool else 16-25 if they have to have one range for heat and cool both.

With the Wayne Dalton 'stat I have, the event settings didn't work either but there was a binary switch device that showed up with this 'stat that put the system on or off if you previously had chosen cool or heat. At least with that I could write events that controlled the system based on a temp or time. The CT30 doesn't show up with any such binary switch so being able to write an event with valid temp options is the only alternative to manually going in and typing the setpoint you want on the zwstat_status page.

With this version, at least, the temp on the status and zwstat_status pages displays with one decimal (and not just .5), but the setpoints as noted above are integers.

Cheers,
      Scott

Comment

Yeah, via the zwstat_status page (via .29 which I'm running) I can indeed set the setpoint (on whole integers). It's only my iphone interface that seems to be broken (though other people have commented on other mobile devices I think).

If I switch back to F, the setpoints can be set from my iphone, switch back to C again, and it stops working again.

Those are my two main things right now: setting the setpoint from my phone, and being able to set it in at least 0.5 degree increments.

I'll probably switch back to .23 for now so that I can still see the device in Celsius but have the setpoint go back to being in F - at least in F I can 'simulate' more granularity than 1 degree C.

Comment

the iPhone iTouch app update of 16 Aug has as its only rev note that it fixes Celsius setpoint setting. I grabbed that this morning and find indeed that it works!

Still no cure for setting the setpoint on HS itself in being stuck with the 13-19 range.

Cheers,
          Scott

Comment

So, I'm just curious as a side point - I've seen several references in this thread to teh setpoint on HS being stuck in the 13-19 range or some such. Where are you seeing this. The only place in HS that I can see that I can change the setpoint is in the Zwave Thermostat Status page, where you set the number manually (no drop down)....

Comment

iphone update 2.5 works!

Hey Rich, the iphone 2.5 update worked to allow me to change the setpoint in Celsius. Thank you!

(Now we just need to be able to change the setpoint in at least 0.5 degree increments, and we're good to go!)

Thanks again!

Paul

Comment

Paul,
                It's in the main browser-based access when I try to write an event and stipulate an action: I choose Set a ZWave Thermostat Action, select my thermostat, Choose Cool (choosing Heat makes no difference), choose Set Setpoint, select Check Changes.

At that point the drop down list usually gives a choice of number from 13 to 19 inclusive. Sometimes for reasons I don't know it gives a list of numbers from 40 to 90 inclusive.

But yes, the new functionality is certainly better but I second the motion for adding the .5 decimal to the iTouch interface.

Cheers,
                Scott

Comment

Fixed!

It looks like HS update v 2.5.0.29 has fixed my original issue. Great!

Comment

Working...
                  X