No announcement yet.

How To Poll Z-Wave Thermostat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By associating the device to HS, the device is then able to automatically send updates to HS without HS polling it. In the case of T-stats this is just Temperature updates. The device has to support Associations though, which shows up in HS as an Associations button on the main root device configuration page.

Comment

If that is the case, shouldn't I associate everything to HS if it supports it? I have a lot of the wave stuff that I see this little button...
      Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Ok, I have associated my stats to group 1 and in the drop down, I have chosen "HomeSeer" as the device to "associate" with.

So now, I can turn off polling?

What are the downsides to associating and turning polling off?

Upsides?

I looked at the documentation and it is very light on associations and its benefits, so I turn to the smart people on this board.
        Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

If all you want is automatic temperature updates then yes, you can turn polling off and temperature changes should be sent to HS automatically via association.

Comment

Working...
          X