This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by randman View Post
    I have 2 Trane thermostats and I configured HomeSeer to poll them about every 15 minutes as indicated above. However, HomeSeer still does not update status (e.g. set points, current temp). When I click on Update as described by OP, then HomeSeer shows the latest status. I have HS PRO version 2.5.0.44. Anyone else have this problem?
    When the automatic poll takes place are there any errors in the HomeSeer.log file?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      When the automatic poll takes place are there any errors in the HomeSeer.log file?
      No errors in the event log. My HomeTroller shipped with version 2.5.0.23. The last time that I confirmed that polling was working properly was when I had version 2.5.0.23. I upgraded to 2.5.0.44. After I upgraded, I never bothered to confirm if polling of my two Trane thermostats worked. It's only recently that I noticed that the heating set point and current temperature, as displayed in the thermostats, do not match the values in the HomeSeer Status page. However, if I go to the "ZWave Thermostats Status" page, and click on "Update", the latest status is updated immediately in the HomeSeer web page and also in HSTouch in my iPhone.

Comment

I have the same issue with my Trane thermostat if I manually hit the Zwave Thermostat Status button it updates but else it does not

It does update the z-wave thermostat temperatur value at the specified rate

I'm running HSPro 2.5.0.49

Comment

Originally posted by Aksor View Post
          I have the same issue with my Trane thermostat if I manually hit the Zwave Thermostat Status button it updates but else it does not

It does update the z-wave thermostat temperatur value at the specified rate

I'm running HSPro 2.5.0.49
          I had the same issue after "upgrading" to .49
          I solved it by changing the device poll setting back to zero. (might as well, it wasn't working) Then I created a recurring event that runs the immediate script command &hs.PollDevice "Q3", where Q3 is the id for the thermostat.

Now, it's back to working like it was before, complete with many log errors. I just recently turned debugging on (under setup - interfaces - Zwave thermostats). Debugging fills the log, but when I search the actual log file, there are no Zwave thermostat poll errors while debug is on.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up

Comment

Workaround...

For those still having issues keeping your thermostat updated in HS, the script below has been working for me for a while now, scheduled to run every 15 mins. No issues, no errors in the log.

poll_therm.vbs

Code:
              sub Main (param)

Set objHTTP = CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")
              objHTTP.open "POST", "http://192.168.254.20/ZWStat_status", False

objHTTP.setRequestHeader "Content-Type", "application/x-www-form-urlencoded"
              objHTTP.send "Therm1=&ref_page=ZWStat_status&poll=Update&LabelNumber=1"

Set objHTTP = Nothing

End Sub

Comment

Comment

Great write up!!

Also, make sure the time on the trane stats are in line with the HS server. Mine were off by years and once I corrected the time in the stats, all my woes seem to have cleared.

Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

I have 7 z-wave tstats and have the exact same experience as randman.

1) With either "Poll device for status every # seconds" for my three WayneDaltonWDTC20/IntermaticCA8900 on the configuration page of the zwave tstat root, or associations set up between my four Trane/RCSTZ43/RCSTZ45 and Homeseer, the child Z-Wave Temperature device is updated, but not the root device, nor the plugin status page for any parameter (temp, setpt, op mode, etc.). I believe this worked in my early use of 2.5.0.44 (Service), but not for the past two weeks, and not with .49.

2) To work-around problem 1), I set up an event to trigger on a value change of the child Z-Wave Temperature device to do a hs.PollDevice "Qx" (root device).
                    a) The event fired reliably, but sometimes (1 in 5) PollDevice would still not cause an update of the root device or plugin Status page.
                    b) Also the PollDevice would often (4 of 5) cause an update of the child Z-Wave Temperature device (time would change, even though value would not) so the event recursively called itself sometimes 2 or 3 times.
                    c) This PollDevice "Qx" for a specific tstat root would often cause other Trane/RCS stats to update their ZWave Temperature devices through association: ie PollDevice "Q1" causes a DeviceUpdate for child ZWave Temperature device for root "Q2" within 2 seconds. This happened frequently enough that it's not coincidence.

3) I did have a 2gigCT30 in this mix until a week ago. But it was so un-reliable that it has been (at least) temporarily removed from the network.

Comment

Rick changed the polling for stats in the plugin so that now each device would need to be polled individual. The old way would poll the root device and all children causing too much Z-Wave traffic so now each individual device has to be polled. The polling via the event still polls all devices but he said this would change in the future as well.

Comment

Rick changed the polling for stats in the plugin so that now each device would need to be polled individual. The old way would poll the root device and all children causing too much Z-Wave traffic so now each individual device has to be polled. The polling via the event still polls all devices but he said this would change in the future as well.
                        How do you poll each individual device? I don't understand how polling is supposed to be done to update the information (temp, set point, fan, etc.) in the root device. Also, how does the information in the z-wave thermostats page updated via polling? As described above, non-event polling doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by dbrunt
                          From what I see, my "root" device Thermostat only has one child device..."Temperature". How can polling two devices instead of one cause "too much Z-Wave traffic? What am I missing?? Is the thermostats being overburdened by two polls?
                          Keep in mind these changes were not only for tstats but all Z-Wave devices like Locks that have more children devices. The constant polling all of these child device each time was killing the battery life.
                          Last edited by Rupp; February 2, 2012, 11:06 AM.

Comment

It is very important to me to be able to get the set mode (heat, cool, off) of the thermostat. Does the statement I bolded above imply that the ability to poll for this will be removed in future versions of HS? I don't care about the temperature, but I do care if someone changes a thermostat to heat or cool or off.

Comment

Originally posted by dbrunt
                              How many children does a lock device have?
                              The Schlage lever has the root device plus 3 additional: Battery, Alarm and Door Lock.
                              HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                              54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                              Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Well I was having trouble even getting my Zwave t-stat to show an option for polling in the configure screen, so I did what Rupp said, and took the node off, and added the node through the software in the setup screen. So, that finally added the thermostat with an option in the config menu for the polling interval. I set the interval at 60 seconds, and nothing really happened. So, then I set the polling interval back down to 0 since it wasnt working anyway, and set up a recurring event to poll the parent device. Now, I get this message every 60 seconds that it is polling the t-stat every 60 seconds, and there are no error message in the logs, but nothing else happens either. The temperature never updates, the "last changed" column never changes, etc.

I just keep getting these messages that polling is going on, but nothing about the success or failure of those polls, and no error message, but no results, either. See below.

2/2/2012 2:15:03 PM - Event - Event Trigger "Thermostat Update"
                                2/2/2012 2:15:03 PM - Event Action - Event Default Thermostat Update is polling Z-Wave Living Room Z-Wave Thermostat 9
                                2/2/2012 2:16:03 PM - Event - Event Trigger "Thermostat Update"
                                2/2/2012 2:16:03 PM - Event Action - Event Default Thermostat Update is polling Z-Wave Living Room Z-Wave Thermostat 9
                                2/2/2012 2:17:03 PM - Event - Event Trigger "Thermostat Update"
                                2/2/2012 2:17:03 PM - Event Action - Event Default Thermostat Update is polling Z-Wave Living Room Z-Wave Thermostat 9
                                2/2/2012 2:18:03 PM - Event - Event Trigger "Thermostat Update"
                                2/2/2012 2:18:03 PM - Event Action - Event Default Thermostat Update is polling Z-Wave Living Room Z-Wave Thermostat 9
                                2/2/2012 2:19:03 PM - Event - Event Trigger "Thermostat Update"
                                2/2/2012 2:19:03 PM - Event Action - Event Default Thermostat Update is polling Z-Wave Living Room Z-Wave Thermostat 9
                                2/2/2012 2:20:03 PM - Event - Event Trigger "Thermostat Update"
                                2/2/2012 2:20:03 PM - Event Action - Event Default Thermostat Update is polling Z-Wave Living Room Z-Wave Thermostat 9
                                2/2/2012 2:21:03 PM - Event - Event Trigger "Thermostat Update"
                                2/2/2012 2:21:03 PM - Event Action - Event Default Thermostat Update is polling Z-Wave Living Room Z-Wave Thermostat 9

Comment

Working...
                                X