This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And another thing

And, through all this, all I have to do is manually click on the update button on the computer, and it updates perfectly, it changes the temp to show the correct value, and it changes the "last changed" column to the current time.

Obviously there is something wrong in the polling routines and there is something different in the automatic polling routines than what happens when you push the update button.

This is driving me and a lot of other people cuckoo.

Comment

Originally posted by orthoman View Post
      Well I was having trouble even getting my Zwave t-stat to show an option for polling in the configure screen, so I did what Rupp said, and took the node off, and added the node through the software in the setup screen. So, that finally added the thermostat with an option in the config menu for the polling interval. I set the interval at 60 seconds, and nothing really happened. So, then I set the polling interval back down to 0 since it wasnt working anyway, and set up a recurring event to poll the parent device. Now, I get this message every 60 seconds that it is polling the t-stat every 60 seconds, and there are no error message in the logs, but nothing else happens either. The temperature never updates, the "last changed" column never changes, etc.

I just keep getting these messages that polling is going on, but nothing about the success or failure of those polls, and no error message, but no results, either. See below.

2/2/2012 2:15:03 PM - Event - Event Trigger "Thermostat Update"
      2/2/2012 2:15:03 PM - Event Action - Event Default Thermostat Update is polling Z-Wave Living Room Z-Wave Thermostat 9
      2/2/2012 2:16:03 PM - Event - Event Trigger "Thermostat Update"
      2/2/2012 2:16:03 PM - Event Action - Event Default Thermostat Update is polling Z-Wave Living Room Z-Wave Thermostat 9
      2/2/2012 2:17:03 PM - Event - Event Trigger "Thermostat Update"
      2/2/2012 2:17:03 PM - Event Action - Event Default Thermostat Update is polling Z-Wave Living Room Z-Wave Thermostat 9
      2/2/2012 2:18:03 PM - Event - Event Trigger "Thermostat Update"
      2/2/2012 2:18:03 PM - Event Action - Event Default Thermostat Update is polling Z-Wave Living Room Z-Wave Thermostat 9
      2/2/2012 2:19:03 PM - Event - Event Trigger "Thermostat Update"
      2/2/2012 2:19:03 PM - Event Action - Event Default Thermostat Update is polling Z-Wave Living Room Z-Wave Thermostat 9
      2/2/2012 2:20:03 PM - Event - Event Trigger "Thermostat Update"
      2/2/2012 2:20:03 PM - Event Action - Event Default Thermostat Update is polling Z-Wave Living Room Z-Wave Thermostat 9
      2/2/2012 2:21:03 PM - Event - Event Trigger "Thermostat Update"
      2/2/2012 2:21:03 PM - Event Action - Event Default Thermostat Update is polling Z-Wave Living Room Z-Wave Thermostat 9
      Setting up a recurring event with the script command &hs.PollDevice "Q1" where Q1 is the root thermostat ID works for me. That doesn't look like whatever you are doing.
      Also, in my case, associating the root thermostat with HomeSeer resulted in the room temperature readings being updated as they change (no need for polling for that).
      Do note that the Last Change time/date do not update unless the temperature or a setting actually changed before/during the last poll.

Comment

For now, set up an event that runs an immediate command as mentioned:

hs.polldevice("q1")

Replace q1 with the code of your thermostat.

Or, you can go back to the previous build, I can give a link if you need it.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

ok i tried that

Ok, I did do that - I set up the event to run the script command

&hs.polldevice "Q1"

And now, it did update the temp when it changed a half degree -- success!

However, I also changed the set temp a few minutes ago, and that value has not updated yet...

Comment

The mode does not always update immediately. It should be working, I just tried it here and the mode updated.

Ok, I did do that - I set up the event to run the script command

&hs.polldevice "Q1"

And now, it did update the temp when it changed a half degree -- success!

However, I also changed the set temp a few minutes ago, and that value has not updated yet...

Comment

Success

Well, it looks like for the first time since I got HomeSeer last month, the thermostat is polling correctly and updating.

Thanks to the forum moderators for helping me to get this working.

Any idea when the automatic updating will be working right?

Comment

Teh TZ45 supports associations (which should include the latest TRANE thermostat). The CT30 does not.

Right now HS only supports updating the temp with associations, not the other parameters. HS3 will support auto updating of all the parameters.

Originally posted by dbrunt
                Which T-stats support association? Obviously Honeywell does. CT30 does not? Others??

Comment

associations

Ok, I don't understand. I have one of those Ct130 2GIG thermostats. And, the only way i have found to update the thermostat root device is to poll it directly with a recurring event and the &hs.polldevice "Q1" command. when I do this, the temperature, the setpoint, the mode (working or idle), etc all seem to update appropriately.

Also, I have noticed that this direct method works for the temperature child device of the root device.

So what is this association stuff everyone has been talking about?

Comment

Ok, I don't understand. I have one of those Ct130 2GIG thermostats. And, the only way i have found to update the thermostat root device is to poll it directly with a recurring event and the &hs.polldevice "Q1" command. when I do this, the temperature, the setpoint, the mode (working or idle), etc all seem to update appropriately.

Also, I have noticed that this direct method works for the temperature child device of the root device.

So what is this association stuff everyone has been talking about?
                    One post down/up
                    "The TZ45 supports associations (which should include the latest TRANE thermostat). The CT30 does not."

Comment

I have trane thermostats and I finally got my errors worked but I am still on .29. So, what I am hearing is that if I go to the latest of .49, I will need to do this script to get my stats polling correctly? Or do associate them to work correctly?

What is associate and how do you do it?
                      Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
                        I have trane thermostats and I finally got my errors worked but I am still on .29. So, what I am hearing is that if I go to the latest of .49, I will need to do this script to get my stats polling correctly? Or do associate them to work correctly?

What is associate and how do you do it?
                        Yes, you will have to add the polling script if you want the main thermostat device to be up to date (room temp, set temp, mode, fan, operating or not).

Association causes the room temperature sub device to update anytime the temperature changes. Click on the main thermostat device from the status screen. You will then get the polling (now useless) and other options for the thermostat, one of which is association. Associate it with HomeSeer to get auto temperature updates.

Comment

If that is the case, shouldn't I associate everything to HS if it supports it? I have a lot of the wave stuff that I see this little button...

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Ok, I have associated my stats to group 1 and in the drop down, I have chosen "HomeSeer" as the device to "associate" with.

So now, I can turn off polling?

What are the downsides to associating and turning polling off?

Upsides?

I looked at the documentation and it is very light on associations and its benefits, so I turn to the smart people on this board.

Comment

Working...
                            X