This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aborting poll issue

I have this issue with two of my 4 RCS Z-Wave tstats. I'm using a Z-Stick II. One of the tstats in question is about 5 feet away from the Z-Stick. Tstat commands (on/off & temp changes) always seem to work. Just the temp poll fails (a lot). Here's a sample of the errors:

7/12/2011 9:16:37 AM ZWave Thermostats Aborting poll of this thermostat due to and error retrieving the temperature. Node: 6
    7/12/2011 9:16:43 AM Warning Aborting Z-Wave send, taking too long to send command to node 9 waited 6 seconds
    7/12/2011 9:16:43 AM Info Send abort status received.
    7/12/2011 9:16:43 AM ZWave Thermostats Aborting poll of this thermostat due to and error retrieving the temperature. Node: 9
    7/12/2011 9:21:54 AM Warning Aborting Z-Wave send, taking too long to send command to node 6 waited 6 seconds

Any ideas?

Thanks!

-Mike

Having the same issue. Any thoughts?

TC

Comment

Finally... I see other people with similar issues, so I'm not the only one with this problem. I posted several post about this issue, nobody seem to know what the problem is. I have a 2GIG thermostat but the same controller. I have to reset my thermostat to get it to work again. Rupp suggested to add more Zwave, I did without results. I hope someone knows the answer.

Comment

What version of HomeSeer are you guys running? I know Rich/Rick made some adjustments to the Z-Wave timeout in the most recent version but the issue is the devices that are exhibit this behavior typically do not stay awake long enough to get this information returned in the small timing window.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hi Rupp,
          HomeSeer Version: Standard Edition 2.5.0.20

Comment

Hi, had the same problem with the 2GIG thermostat
            extending the usb, ie an extension usb cable between the stick and the computer solved the problem, probably a receiving problem

Comment

Thanks for your input. I currently have it already extended but I will try different locations, maybe it will help.

Comment

My 2Gig thermostats dont update Homeseer with temp changes automatically. My version is "Professional Edition 2.5.0.20", also using a Z-Troller.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                  What version of HomeSeer are you guys running? I know Rich/Rick made some adjustments to the Z-Wave timeout in the most recent version but the issue is the devices that are exhibit this behavior typically do not stay awake long enough to get this information returned in the small timing window.
                  On version ..29 here. The devices I get these warnings from are not battery operated, so no wakeup issues. Recently switched from the Z-Stick back to the Z-Troller. Same problem. All this started with the more recent versions.
                  Actual operation doesn't seem to be affected.
                  More than 40 modules on the network.
                  Note for Rich/Rick: Many users seem to have lost faith in later versions of Homeseer 2 (see multiple threads) and have reverted to earlier versions where, while the response problems may have existed, they were not being logged so verbosly. Since this type of warning seems to be so common and in most cases is not apparantly affecting operation in any way, why can it not be made optional, or relegated to the "debugging trace functions". ie. "Z-Wave debug information (64)"? In that way, the warnings could be activated when necessary to provide detailed information in thoose rare cases where there actually may be a performance problem.
                  Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

I'm getting the same errors with my 2gig thermostats. They had been working fine for a while and this morning started having issues.

10/12/2011 12:41:47 PM ZWave Thermostats Aborting poll of this thermostat due to and error retrieving the temperature. Node: 3I reset them this morning and it cleared up for a little while but came back. I'm using the HS 2.5.0.20.

I planned on adding more ZWave dimmers this week anyway, so I'll see if that makes a difference. I think Rupp is probably right that it's reception related, as the thermostat in my server room next to the Z-Troller doesn't seem to have any problem.
                    HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
                    Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
                    Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
                    Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

I found it has to do with the polling stomping on itself.

Basically, if you poll two thermostats, or two "things" too close to a thermostat, the thermostat times out...

So, to counter this, I started to poll my z-wave stuff using a script. I turned off ALL HS polling. By using this script, it coordinates polls to thermostats. It provides enough TIME to pass before and after a thermostat so that you can get good polls. Works very well.

Polling other devices, you can poll as fast as you can (at least everything I own...not including the locks on the doors...which I do not poll).

--Dan
                      Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Dan, this sounds like it could be my problem as well. Now that you mention it the problems with my stats started again when I added more ZWave devices and started polling them. At the moment I can't poll any of my stats reliably. Would you mind sharing your script?
                        Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
                        Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
                        Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

I'd also love a copy of your script

-Mike

Comment

probably the issues

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                            Rupp,

I changed to Standard Edition 2.5.0.23 last weekend and the problem appeared. I suspect you are right as i am having the same issues. How can I fix this one?

PT

Comment

ok, here's a quick and dirty script I wrote to poll all ZWave devices with a 2 second delay in between. Unfortunately I still can't poll my stats, even if nothing else is being polled.

Code:
                              Sub Main
                                  Dim en
                                  Dim dv

Set en = hs.GetDeviceEnumerator
                                  If IsObject(en) Then
                                  Else
                                      hs.WriteLog "reidfoZWavePoll","The device enumerator is invalid."
                                  End if

Do While Not en.Finished
                                      If en.CountChanged Then
                                          hs.WriteLog "reidfoZWavePoll","----- The device count has changed -----"
                                      End if
                                      Set dv = en.GetNext
                                      'Check to see if this is a ZWave device and then poll
                                      If Not dv is Nothing And (dv.misc AND &h1000) Then
                                          hs.WriteLog "reidfoZWavePoll","Polling ZWave device " & dv.location & " " & dv.name
                                          hs.PollDevice(dv.hc & dv.dc)
                                          hs.WaitSecs(2)
                                      End if
                                      Loop

End Sub

Comment

Working...
                              X