Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Third 2Gig Thermistat Doesn't show on ZWStat_Status - Fixed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Third 2Gig Thermistat Doesn't show on ZWStat_Status - Fixed!

I just added a third 2Gig thermostat to my setup. All three show up fine on the general HS home page and are updating temps there correctly.

However the page I use most often, ZWaveStat_Status, only shows two of the thermostats, the newest of the three doesn't show up there. I've shutdown/restarted to no avail. I've done a rescan to reset the device properties to no avail.

All three thermostats also show up correctly on my iPhone, no problem. However the functionality I use is from the ZWaveStat_Status page under Safari.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
    Scott
    Last edited by smcwilliams; September 29th, 2011, 11:42 AM.

About four hours later I noticed the third thermostat showing up on the iPhone. However, I am regularly getting the following errors in the HS log:

ZWave Thermostats: Error building action: Collection index must be in the range 1 to the size of the collection

All three thermostats do respond from the browser and iPhone interfaces.

Ideas?

Cheers,
    Scott

Comment

Originally posted by smcwilliams View Post
      About four hours later I noticed the third thermostat showing up on the iPhone. However, I am regularly getting the following errors in the HS log:

ZWave Thermostats: Error building action: Collection index must be in the range 1 to the size of the collection

All three thermostats do respond from the browser and iPhone interfaces.

Ideas?

Cheers,
      Scott
      Scott: I'm getting this error message now, too. Did you figure out the cause and fix? Elliott

Comment

When you do a fresh restart of HomeSeer do you see 3 stats being converted?
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

Evolving problem

It seems every morning something new has gone wrong. I wrote earlier (above) about a new error message. This morning 1 of my two 2GIG thermostats is missing from the Z-Wave plugin window. The missing thermostat is found on its status page and I can rescan it and optimize it, but it does not show up on the plugin page. I get this error in the log:
          ZWave Thermostats Error in ConditionCheck: Collection index must be in the range 1 to the size of the collection

So, I exited out of HomeSeer Pro, restarted the HomeTroller, and the thermostat is still missing and I am getting the error message multiple times. What next? Thanks.

Comment

What version of HomeSeer are you running?
            -Rupp
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
              What version of HomeSeer are you running?
              Professional Edition 2.5.0.29

Comment

Are the radio towers showing on all 3 tstats? When HomeSeer started did it convert 3 stats? All of this is typically caused by lack of communications with one or more of the stats.
                -Rupp
                sigpic

Comment

What is the firmware version for each thermostat?
                  Learn About HomeSeer

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                    What is the firmware version for each thermostat?
                    MISSING FROM PLUGIN (BUT SEEN IN "STATUS"):
                    Z-Wave device 2 version: Lib: 2.78 App: 5.0
                    Z-Wave manufacturer ID: 152=98H (2GIG), Type: 1=1H, ID: 30=1EH
                    PRESENT IN PLUGIN:
                    Z-Wave device 17 version: Lib: 2.78 App: 5.0
                    Z-Wave Z-Wave manufacturer ID: 152=98H (2GIG), Type: 1=1H, ID: 30=1EH

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post
                      MISSING FROM PLUGIN (BUT SEEN IN "STATUS"):
                      Z-Wave device 2 version: Lib: 2.78 App: 5.0
                      Z-Wave manufacturer ID: 152=98H (2GIG), Type: 1=1H, ID: 30=1EH
                      PRESENT IN PLUGIN:
                      Z-Wave device 17 version: Lib: 2.78 App: 5.0
                      Z-Wave Z-Wave manufacturer ID: 152=98H (2GIG), Type: 1=1H, ID: 30=1EH
                      What about the 3rd one?
                      Learn About HomeSeer

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                        What about the 3rd one?
                        Actually, "smcwilliams" has mentioned that he has 3. I didn't mention that I had 3 to make it simpler. However, I do have 3 and the third one is an Intermatic, which is seen on the Z-Wave Plug-in:

Z-Wave device 13 version: Lib: 2.28 App: 4.90
                        Z-Wave Z-Wave manufacturer ID: 5=5H (Intermatic), Type: 17217=4341H, ID: 35072=8900H

So, just one of my three Z-Wave thermostats (2GIG) is not being seen in the Plug-in, even though it is seen in its "Status" page and gives the temperature value. The program continues to log a huge number of lines of the error mentioned above. I also upgrade to the latest version of HS PRO, with no change.

Again, all 3 thermostats can be rescanned and optimized successfully. It is just one that is not seen in on the Z-Wave Thermostat Plugin page.

Thanks.

Comment

Problem fixed

I decided to turn off polling on the thermostat that wasn't showing up in the Z-Wave Thermostats page, because I thought this would stop the error messages in the log. I set polling to "0" and then saved this changed. Although I had successfully rescanned and optimized this thermostat, I never selected "save" afterwards. I noticed, when I saved the polling change, the thermostat icon, which had not shown as a small picture of a thermostat but as a circle with a dot inside, changed back to being a small picture of a thermostat. I knew now that it would show up on the Z-Wave Thermostats page and it did. I reset the polling to 300 sec and it continues to be fine, with no errors being logged.

Thanks for all your help.

Comment

So, now I no longer have available the wayward thermostat in HSTouch client ("N/A"). When I went to HSTouch Designer to try to fix this problem, I did not find this thermostat. Instead, I have the following: "Error in StatName. Object reference not set to instance of an object."
                            I'd appreciate suggestions as to how to fix this issue. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                            X