This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Version question

I am running HS 2.5.0.44 The HSPI_ZWAVETHERM.DLL shows as version N/A when it is enabled. Disabled it shows 2.5.0.44. Is this an issue? It seems to be timing out a large amount. --- Changed from win XP to Win 7 system and fighting teething changes.

Start up msg in log:
    11/5/2011 14:59:20 Plug-In Found plug-in: ZWave Thermostats, version: 2.5.0.44
    11/5/2011 14:59:27 ZWave Thermostats Devices Updated for thermostat: Thermostat
    11/5/2011 14:59:38 ZWave Thermostats 1 Thermostats converted Successfully.

then:
    11/5/2011 15:04:44 Warning Aborting Z-Wave send, taking too long to send command to node 17 waited 6 seconds

then I am seeing this a lot:
    11/5/2011 16:32:45 ZWave Thermostats Aborting poll of this thermostat due to and error retrieving the temperature. Node: 17
    Last edited by rschein; November 4, 2011, 05:37 PM.

I'm seeing these messages on .43. You might need to post this over in the .43 or the .44 thread. It's been mentioned that older and/or cheaper Z-Wave modules could be the cause. I never saw as many of these poll failures in .43 as in .21 though.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Try this please.
      Turn Z-wave debug on and see if that makes the errors go way down.

Go to the control tab and under immediate script command put &hs.debugmode=64
      then execute it.

Comment

Where's the debug trace? Tried that:
        11/6/2011 16:48:46 System Current debug events set: Z-Wave 11/6/2011 4:48:48 PM Device Update Device: zzzsystem Garage Motion Battery Battery Level 90%11/6/2011 16:49:13 Warning Aborting Z-Wave send, taking too long to send command to node 17 waited 6 seconds11/6/2011 16:49:14 Info Send abort status received.11/6/2011 16:49:14 Warning No response from Z-Wave device at node 1711/6/2011 16:49:14 ZWave Thermostats Aborting poll of this thermostat due to and error retrieving the temperature. Node: 1711/6/2011 16:49:20 Warning Aborting Z-Wave send, taking too long to send command to node 17 waited 6 seconds11/6/2011 16:49:20 Info Send abort status received.11/6/2011 16:49:20 Warning No response from Z-Wave device at node 1711/6/2011 16:49:26 Warning Aborting Z-Wave send, taking too long to send command to node 17 waited 6 seconds11/6/2011 16:49:27 Info Send abort status received.11/6/2011 16:49:27 Warning No response from Z-Wave device at node 1711/6/2011 16:49:33 Warning Aborting Z-Wave send, taking too long to send command to node 17 waited 6 seconds11/6/2011 16:49:34 Info Send abort status received.11/6/2011 16:49:34 Warning No response from Z-Wave device at node 1711/6/2011 16:49:40 Warning Aborting Z-Wave send, taking too long to send command to node 17 waited 6 seconds11/6/2011 16:49:41 Info Send abort status received.11/6/2011 16:49:41 Warning No response from Z-Wave device at node 17

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rschein View Post
          Where's the debug trace?
          In the Debug Logs sub directory off of the main HomeSeer directory.

Comment

I did try this for a while. Over time, I really can't say the messages were reduced very much.
            Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Okay. I tried the immediate command and setting debug in the thermostat device. Neither makes a difference. I didn't understand the comment about the z-wave module being a problem. Is it the Aeon stick Homerseer sold me or the thermostat that they sold me that has a bad module in it?

Comment

Okay. I tried the immediate command and setting debug in the thermostat device. Neither makes a difference. I didn't understand the comment about the z-wave module being a problem. Is it the Aeon stick Homerseer sold me or the thermostat that they sold me that has a bad module in it?
                Sorry - In the .43 release thread, we started seeing more of these poll failure messages than we did on previous versions. When I mentioned this, we were informed that discontinued/older zwave devices can contribute to these messages - even though previous versions of HS did not have this problem. I asked for a list of known modules and the list received back were Monster and first-generation Intermatic.

I am skeptical of this response from HS given the fact that .43/.44 has more poll failures than previous versions. So, I was merely commenting on what we've been told by HST as the potential cause. My opinion is that it is a z-wave timing issue caused by HS.

Comment

I am still questioning if I have a version conflict. It shows as N/A unless it is disabled then it shows .44 (32 bit xp showed 44 version) is there a good way to flush it out and insure 44 is installed?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Yeah, it does look odd that it says N/A under the version column. Mine reports 1.3.0.8.
                    The date/time on the DLL is 1/15/2009 9:10 AM

Comment

Where's the DLL in .44 I've looked in the program folder and don't find it and a search of the system doesn't find it either.

Comment

Where's the DLL in .44 I've looked in the program folder and don't find it and a search of the system doesn't find it either.
                        Ditto here.
                        Ditto on the version #
                        and
                        Most of my errors/warnings happen to be on the thermostat.

Comment

Mine is in the root homeseer folder: HSPI_ZWAVETHERM.dll

Comment

Confirmed. It's not there. The uncanny thing is, the plugin is enabled and is functioning. I installed this from the updater not more than a month ago. Is it possible we're looking at two different versions altogether?

Comment

Could you post the dll? It's the only errors generated in my log (lots mostly timeouts) I can throw it in the root directory and see if life becomes better.

Comment

Working...
                              X