Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

CT30 not updating in HS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well i have completely removed and re-added this thing 4 times now. The last time i had the batteries removed completely to be sure that it was running on the c wire.

I still do not see any option to set a timed polling (see picture).

Is there an event action or script command that can force a poll?

Thanks
    Attached Files
    Running HS PRO V2.5.0.49 & HS Pro V2.5.0.51

Comment

Well, i setup an event to run the immediate script command - &hs.polldevice "Qx" every 10 minutes.

So far it seems to be working.

Comment

Neil,
        What version is your HSPI_ZWAVETHERM.DLL? Mine is 1.3.0.8.

On that device properties page pictured, did you try a "Rescan"?

Comment

This might be pertinent:

Originally posted by Rick Tinker
          Pearls of Z-Wave Knowledge
          When you add a new node to the network with your primary controller and then re-connect the controller to your HomeSeer computer and do an import, the controller is no longer near the new nodes, and in many cases no longer has direct communication capability with the new nodes. Thus, when HomeSeer interrogates the new nodes it will often fail, resulting in HomeSeer not seeing the node type for what it is, or creating less scene buttons than it should have, not creating proper child devices for technologies that the node uses, etc. This is all to be expected when you add a node that may be far from HomeSeer. The procedure to fix this is pretty straightforward. You can remove any/all of the child devices that were created in error. Then, go to whatever root device that HomeSeer created, even if it does not look right, and click the Optimize button. Do this several times so that a route is established between the HomeSeer controller and the new node. In some cases, it may be necessary to first optimize some of the nodes that are around the new node so that other nodes in the network are aware of it and can help route the optimization command from HomeSeer to the new node. Once you have had 2-3 successful optimizations of the new node, go to the properties for the (root) device and click "Rescan" - the child devices will likely be created properly now. You can then use your normal procedure for keeping your Z-Wave network routing healthy and further integrating the new node into your network - e.g. regular network optimizations or Z-Health.

Comment

I am having the same problem with the CT130 thermostat device. I had deleted it and readded it to my system without the batteries multiple times (i DO have the c-wire installed and the thermostat has full power). Yet, I never have been able to find the portion of the config screen that lets you control how often this device is polled. The only way I can get this to read the right and current temp is to poll the device manually from the Homeseer webpage "poll devices" button.

Comment

Originally posted by orthoman View Post
              I am having the same problem with the CT130 thermostat device. I had deleted it and readded it to my system without the batteries multiple times (i DO have the c-wire installed and the thermostat has full power). Yet, I never have been able to find the portion of the config screen that lets you control how often this device is polled. The only way I can get this to read the right and current temp is to poll the device manually from the Homeseer webpage "poll devices" button.
              See this thread for some good information on adding this stat.
              http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=145274
              -Rupp
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by orthoman View Post
                I never was able to get it to appear correctly to set the poll times. However i created a recurring event to poll it (see picture). Works perfectly.

Cheers
                Attached Files

Comment

Similar issue

CT30 initializes (gets current temp & created the TStat & temperature device) but fails to update & HS says it can not find the stat. Polling the the device fails. I rescanned the stat. Log of rescan of device:

2/13/2012 11:41:31 AM Z-Wave ********** Reloading Z-Wave Device with Node ID of 34 **********
                  2/13/2012 11:41:31 AM Z-Wave Contacting node 34 to get supported features
                  2/13/2012 11:41:32 AM Z-Wave Device: 3rd Floor Z-Wave Thermostat (Node 34) supports class(es): COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC, COMMAND_CLASS_INDICATOR, COMMAND_CLASS_MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC, COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL, COMMAND_CLASS_THERMOSTAT_MODE_V2, COMMAND_CLASS_THERMOSTAT_OPERATING_STATE, COMMAND_CLASS_THERMOSTAT_FAN_MODE, COMMAND_CLASS_THERMOSTAT_SETPOINT, COMMAND_CLASS_VERSION
                  2/13/2012 11:41:32 AM Z-Wave Attempting to get manufacturer ID from device 34...
                  2/13/2012 11:41:34 AM Z-Wave Z-Wave manufacturer ID: 152=98H (UNKNOWN), Type: 1=1H, ID: 30=1EH
                  2/13/2012 11:41:34 AM AC RF Processor Processing Command from RF: X10 G 13 On
                  2/13/2012 11:41:34 AM X10 Received G13 (1st floor Kitchen Motion Sensor) G On
                  2/13/2012 11:41:34 AM ZWave Thermostats Error, could not find thermostat: Thermostat (3rd Floor)
                  2/13/2012 11:41:34 AM Event Event Trigger "Attic Fan Control - for SummerHeat"
                  2/13/2012 11:41:34 AM Device Control Device: Attic Attic Fan (O16) ON
                  2/13/2012 11:41:34 AM ZWave Thermostats Error, could not find thermostat: Thermostat (3rd Floor)
                  2/13/2012 11:41:35 AM Jon00_RCCNM Error in GetHost (Calc-mini No such host is known)
                  2/13/2012 11:41:35 AM Z-Wave Z-Wave device 34 version: Lib: 2.78 App: 5.0
                  2/13/2012 11:41:35 AM Z-Wave ========== Done with Z-Wave Device with Node ID of 34 ==========
                  2/13/2012 11:41:38 AM Z-Wave Getting the current level for the node and any child devices...
                  2/13/2012 11:41:39 AM Event Event Trigger "Jon00 Check Clients"
                  2/13/2012 11:41:39 AM Event Running script in background: Jon00RCCNM_A.vben("clientstatus","")
                  2/13/2012 11:41:40 AM Z-Wave ********** Done with sync of Z-Wave Device with Node ID of 34 **********

ZWave node who Am I shows status of the stat as Excellent(21) neighbors.

My other CT30 stat operates & communications without issue & it runs on batteries only.
                  Larry

Comment

CT30s update issue too

I purchased a few of these from Homeseer and installed 2 today.( I have 3 systems). I Connected them with the C wire. I verified I am getting the 24 volts ac to the teminal across to the red. The thermostats operate without battery. The first one I installed and added to the network without the batteries in it. It works fine but you get an battery icon on the screen. I have tried many diffferent combinations of adding them to the network but I still cant get an option to poll them. I just ran the HS updater. I am running HSpro on windows 7 and Ztroller. The nodes indicate excellent neighbor status and 40kbs. I can use HStouch to control them. They update immediately from commands but the air temp does not update unless I hit the update on the plugin or poll all devises. The original poster never advised if or how his issue was ever resolved. - Thanks

Comment

Polldevice

Originally posted by neiltimms View Post
                      I never was able to get it to appear correctly to set the poll times. However i created a recurring event to poll it (see picture). Works perfectly.

Cheers

Thanks for this fix. I need to take some classes on scripting so
                      I'm not dependent on ppl for that.

Comment

Working...
                      X