This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CT30 not updating in HS

I've got a new CT30 and I'm using a Z-troller. The CT30 is powered from a 24VAC transformer on the C wire. The CT30 shows up in HS as a TStat. The current temp takes hours to update in HS. I watched it for four hours in HS and even though the actual temp was changing the value in HS didn't change. If I press "update" from the TStat plug-in page in HS it updates. I don't see any errors in the HS log. I'm able to change the setpoint from HS.

The Z-Troller is running 1.17 and I'm running HS Pro 2.5.0.20 on Win XP NOT running as a service.

I'm not familiar with this device, but it sounds like you might need to set up polling? There should be an option on the device configuration page to set up polling. Maybe this will fix it?

Alternatively perhaps you could set up a recurrent even to the Update?
    Nicolai L

Comment

Originally posted by NicolaiL View Post
      I'm not familiar with this device, but it sounds like you might need to set up polling? There should be an option on the device configuration page to set up polling. Maybe this will fix it?..
      Yes, that is what you have to do.

Comment

No, this thermostat supposedly has instant status, there is no option to setup polling.

I just installed this thermostat Monday and have noticed the same thing, the updates are very sporadic so the status in HS is usually wrong.
        Running HS PRO V2.5.0.49 & HS Pro V2.5.0.51

Comment

Originally posted by neiltimms View Post
          No, this thermostat supposedly has instant status, there is no option to setup polling.

I just installed this thermostat Monday and have noticed the same thing, the updates are very sporadic so the status in HS is usually wrong.
          I had one installed for a few days.
          Go to the status tab (aka view devices).

Click on the Thermostat name. At about the middle of the resulting page is "Poll device for status every # seconds (0=no poll): " and a box to enter a value in. Put in 60 seconds to try in out, then after you see it working change it to something more like 600 seconds if you have a lot of Z-wave devices.

Comment

I don't see a polling option on my Thermostat device. I also looked in Setup - Interfaces and the device type "Z-Wave Thermostat" that my Thermostat is set to isn't listed in the list of Interfaces.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jabrans View Post
              I don't see a polling option on my Thermostat device. I also looked in Setup - Interfaces and the device type "Z-Wave Thermostat" that my Thermostat is set to isn't listed in the list of Interfaces.
              Did you add the thermostat with the "C" wire connected? Maybe you only get the polling option if the thermostat is powered?

Comment

I did add it with the c wire connected, i did have batteries in it also though so maybe it was confused?. I guess i will remove it from my network, remove the batteries and re-add to see if that resolves it.

Thanks

Comment

Typically the poll option isn't presented when the stat wasn't fully scanned into HomeSeer. Also if you added the stat while on batteries and then added the C wire it needs to be removed from HomeSeer and your controller and re-added. Otherwise a rescan of the module should pick up the missing attributes unless you do not have quality communications with the stat. In this case you need one of the Schlage lamp modules that supports the beaming class to improve communications.
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Ok, more confused now, i have 4 wires to my ts - w g y and r

the r is connected to the RC terminal on the tc (which is also bridged to the RH terminal. I thought this wire gave the TS power?

When i took out the batteries the ts shutdown.

So do i need a seperate c wire?

Thanks

Comment

Neil - I think you're going to need a C-wire in that scenario.
                      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                        Neil - I think you're going to need a C-wire in that scenario.
                        Ok, so if that is the case and given my zero knowledge of these things, how exactly do i wire this and what do i need? I presume some kind of power adaptor and what do i connect it to and how?

Sorry for all the questions

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by neiltimms View Post
                          Ok, so if that is the case and given my zero knowledge of these things, how exactly do i wire this and what do i need? I presume some kind of power adaptor and what do i connect it to and how?

Sorry for all the questions

Thanks
                          I had to wire one for my WDTC-20. I think this is the one I got - just a regular 24vac wall-wart:
                          http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a...SFORMER/1.html

I was lucky in that I could run the wiring for the wall-wart along with the existing thermostat wire and put the wall-wart out of sight. The wiring went from RC to C on the thermostat.
                          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                            I had to wire one for my WDTC-20. I think this is the one I got - just a regular 24vac wall-wart:
                            http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a...SFORMER/1.html

I was lucky in that I could run the wiring for the wall-wart along with the existing thermostat wire and put the wall-wart out of sight. The wiring went from RC to C on the thermostat.
                            cool, so i will buy that wall wart, i guess i just cut the end off and then hook up the wires, does it matter which wire goes to c and which one goes to rc?

Comment

Neil, you are doing the same thing I did. You have 3 options,

Run a different wire From the furnace to the ts for the c wire.

Rig up a 24v power source to the c and rh terminal (will link a video)

The other option is. Steal the green wire from the fan, for the c wire. Then just bridge the Rh wire to the g wire St your furnace (will add video)

I did option 3. The furnace controls the fan, so I use that.

Comment

Working...
                              X