Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Z-wave Trane Tstat not allowing temp override at tstat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z-wave Trane Tstat not allowing temp override at tstat

Hey guys. I'm not sure what's going on but I cannot override the current set point from my Trane thermostat. The tstat does allow me to increase/decrease the temperature but after a minute or so the display shows what the set point should be for that time and sets it back.

I'm using BLStat for scheduling with HS SE 2.5.0.52 and an Aeon Labs USB stick . Something screwy happened a few weeks ago where my tstat no longer showed up in my devices. I did a Rescan Devices (Full) and things seem to go back to normal. Something isn't right as I never had this trouble before. I've looked in the log files and I'm not seeing anything about HS setting the tstat back to the set point. Any ideas on what I can try or what might be causing this problem?

It sounds like the t-stat has entered one of the preprogrammed modes rather than the "hold" mode. Check to see if it is in the manual hold mode.

Steve Q
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Thanks for the reply. It definitely is in run mode. I also tried it in hold mode and it did the same thing. I guess I could unplug the usb stick and see if I can get it to hold the temp or not. I failed to mention that I can set the set point via HS and it stays at the new set point.

Comment

Weird...mine can be set from hs also. But I've noticed two issues...

The temp value doesn't refresh until I hit the thermostat confg page.
        Also when I change the set point, it's switching into ECM mode on the stat...

Still trying to figure what's wrong.
        HSPro on a Supermicro Atom|Z-Net
        Elo touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets, Xbox One
        Global Cach/Ultra-GCIR | Etherrain | Jon00 | Sonos | Blue Iris | URC Whole Home Remotes | Philips Hue | Nest | Grandstream | Leviton | Aeon Labs | Cooper | Kwikset | Evolve | Envisalink/DSC | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Comment

I had the same issue a long time ago, but then someone here posted a note about what seemed like a hidden set of features in BLStat. On the main thermostat page of BLStat, right under the name of the particular stat, there is a link for "Options". Click on that and a page with a number of options for that stat will come up. Half way down the page there is a section for "Manual Set Point Changes", with a checkbox to enable it. In my case I never new this option page existed, and once I enabled the manual set point changes, it worked perfectly.

Steve

Comment

I have been using the Trane t-stat for about a year. Homeseer controls the setback and cycles the fan on/off. I leave the t-stat always in the manual mode. I have had no problems. The temperature update is dependant on the z-wave poll time set in homeseer. I have mine set at 5 minutes. The temperature will update every 5 minutes.

Steve Q
            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
            2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Cool thanks guys
              HSPro on a Supermicro Atom|Z-Net
              Elo touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets, Xbox One
              Global Cach/Ultra-GCIR | Etherrain | Jon00 | Sonos | Blue Iris | URC Whole Home Remotes | Philips Hue | Nest | Grandstream | Leviton | Aeon Labs | Cooper | Kwikset | Evolve | Envisalink/DSC | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Comment

Originally posted by stevea View Post
                I had the same issue a long time ago, but then someone here posted a note about what seemed like a hidden set of features in BLStat. On the main thermostat page of BLStat, right under the name of the particular stat, there is a link for "Options". Click on that and a page with a number of options for that stat will come up. Half way down the page there is a section for "Manual Set Point Changes", with a checkbox to enable it. In my case I never new this option page existed, and once I enabled the manual set point changes, it worked perfectly.

Steve
                Will give it a try. Thanks!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                  X