This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New 2GIG CT100

Anyone compare the new 2GIG CT100 with the CT30? Currently, with multiple repeaters (lamp modules) around my home, I haven't had any noticeable issues with the CT30s (all running off batteries only), but I hear many others do.

I'd be interested in seeing a comparison too. I didn't see the product listed on Radio Thermostat's web site (the OEM) or on 2gig's either. Shows 2 year battery life running on Z-Wave though? That's a huge improvement for those without a C wire and who want Z-Wave control. It looks pretty large, so I'm wondering just how many batteries these suckers take.
    HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
    Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
    Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
    Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Does this new one do instant status? I was very disappointed to discover (after purchasing one) that the original model never reports status. I want a thermostat that at least tells HS when it cycles on or off.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrag View Post
        Does this new one do instant status? I was very disappointed to discover (after purchasing one) that the original model never reports status. I want a thermostat that at least tells HS when it cycles on or off.
        Me too!

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
        HSTouch - iPhone 3GS, 4S, iPad2 and iPad 3, 3xKindle Fire (Wall mounted)
        2 x Brultech ECM1240 with UltraECM
        USB UIRT
        Cooper Aspire Z-Wave Switches
        WGL800 w ACRF2 and 3xDS10a (Sump Level/Activity sensing)
        HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
        HSM100 - Motion Detector with Light and Temperature
        2GIG Thermostat
        BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
        BLUPS
        UltraLog (SQL2008)
        Jon00 Plugins
        Host XR3 BT and Jon00 BT Proximity
        Global Cache IP2IR
        Foscam FI8918W

Comment

I think the only reason they don't do instant status is because when they're running off batteries, you cannot set up a zwave association in homeseer.

(i'm referring to the ct30 by the way)

But I wish it would work like my Zwave battery-powered doorlock where I can type in a code and have it send a command to HomeSeer.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrag View Post
            This isn't supported using HS2 but it will using Homeseer 3.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
              What's the difference in HS3 Rupp? I thought it was somethinf to do with Leviton owning a patent?

What's current ETA for 3?

Regards

Mark

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
              USB UIRT
              HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
              2GIG Thermostat
              BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
              BLUPS
              UltraLog (SQL2008)
              Jon00 Plugins
              Global Cache IP2IR
              Foscam FI8918W

Comment

Originally posted by mark_anderson_us View Post
                What's the difference in HS3 Rupp? I thought it was somethinf to do with Leviton owning a patent?

What's current ETA for 3?

Regards

Mark
                They do own the patent but other devices use it. I asked Mark about this and he stated that HomeSeer 2 doesn't support the status that these stats send but HomeSeer 3 was being coded to support this. Later this year is the ETA but there has to be a developer release first to hash out all of the plugin changes so this could slip. The good news is HS3 is slated to support the status update.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

They do own the patent but other devices use it. I asked Mark about this and he stated that HomeSeer 2 doesn't support the status that these stats send but HomeSeer 3 was being coded to support this. Later this year is the ETA but there has to be a developer release first to hash out all of the plugin changes so this could slip. The good news is HS3 is slated to support the status update.
                  Thanks Rupp!

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
                  USB UIRT
                  HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
                  2GIG Thermostat
                  BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
                  BLUPS
                  UltraLog (SQL2008)
                  Jon00 Plugins
                  Global Cache IP2IR
                  Foscam FI8918W

Comment

That's good to hear! Will instant status work in HS3 just for the newer CT100, or for the CT30 as well?

Comment

Bumpity bump ... When can we get a HS3 plugin for our 2Gig thermostats? I've got the old CT30, will be adding a new one soon.

Comment

Is this reporting still not supported in HS2? It appears to be displaying the status properly, or is that just a coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Vance View Post
                          Is this reporting still not supported in HS2? It appears to be displaying the status properly, or is that just a coincidence?
                          You probably have polling set for it. Every X minutes HS will update to whatever the status of the thermostat is. What is desired is for HS to update every time the status changes, when it changes.

Comment

Just wanted to check about the auto-send state and temp status with HS3, is it now supported (with just the standard zwave plugin?) Speaking about the 100, not the 30.

I need 3 new thermostats thanks to Tom Shaft A.K.A. Sage... Thanks much everyone for the advice/info. TK
                            HS 3.0.0.199 Pro/Insteon 3.0.5.20/3 Venstar Insteon Therms / Insteon Thermostat 3.0.2.2 / DirecTV 3.0.0.14 / OpenSprinkler 2.0.5.21 / ITunes DAAP 3.0.0.23/ UltraM1G3 3.0.5437.37424/ UltraWeatherbug3 /HSTouch Svr 3.0.0.68/Zwave 3.0.1.25/Ultramon3/Global Cache 5.0.0.17/Various BLXXX Plugins.

Comment

Working...
                            X