Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kuntakintay
    replied
    Just wanted to check about the auto-send state and temp status with HS3, is it now supported (with just the standard zwave plugin?) Speaking about the 100, not the 30.

I need 3 new thermostats thanks to Tom Shaft A.K.A. Sage... Thanks much everyone for the advice/info. TK

Leave a comment:

• joegr
    replied
    Originally posted by Gene Vance View Post
    Is this reporting still not supported in HS2? It appears to be displaying the status properly, or is that just a coincidence?
    You probably have polling set for it. Every X minutes HS will update to whatever the status of the thermostat is. What is desired is for HS to update every time the status changes, when it changes.

Leave a comment:

• Gene Vance
    replied
    Is this reporting still not supported in HS2? It appears to be displaying the status properly, or is that just a coincidence?

Leave a comment:

• unitink72
    replied
    Bumpity bump ... When can we get a HS3 plugin for our 2Gig thermostats? I've got the old CT30, will be adding a new one soon.

Leave a comment:

• Thrag
    replied
    Originally posted by Rupp View Post
    This isn't supported using HS2 but it will using Homeseer 3.
    That's good to hear! Will instant status work in HS3 just for the newer CT100, or for the CT30 as well?

Leave a comment:

• mark_anderson_us
    replied
    They do own the patent but other devices use it. I asked Mark about this and he stated that HomeSeer 2 doesn't support the status that these stats send but HomeSeer 3 was being coded to support this. Later this year is the ETA but there has to be a developer release first to hash out all of the plugin changes so this could slip. The good news is HS3 is slated to support the status update.
    Thanks Rupp!

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    Originally posted by mark_anderson_us View Post
    What's the difference in HS3 Rupp? I thought it was somethinf to do with Leviton owning a patent?

What's current ETA for 3?

Regards

Mark
    They do own the patent but other devices use it. I asked Mark about this and he stated that HomeSeer 2 doesn't support the status that these stats send but HomeSeer 3 was being coded to support this. Later this year is the ETA but there has to be a developer release first to hash out all of the plugin changes so this could slip. The good news is HS3 is slated to support the status update.

Leave a comment:

• mark_anderson_us
    replied
    What's the difference in HS3 Rupp? I thought it was somethinf to do with Leviton owning a patent?

What's current ETA for 3?

Regards

Mark

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    Originally posted by Thrag View Post
    Does this new one do instant status? I was very disappointed to discover (after purchasing one) that the original model never reports status. I want a thermostat that at least tells HS when it cycles on or off.

Leave a comment:

• bphillips
    replied
    I think the only reason they don't do instant status is because when they're running off batteries, you cannot set up a zwave association in homeseer.

(i'm referring to the ct30 by the way)

But I wish it would work like my Zwave battery-powered doorlock where I can type in a code and have it send a command to HomeSeer.

Leave a comment:

• mark_anderson_us
    replied
    Originally posted by Thrag View Post
    Does this new one do instant status? I was very disappointed to discover (after purchasing one) that the original model never reports status. I want a thermostat that at least tells HS when it cycles on or off.
    Me too!

Leave a comment:

• Thrag
    replied

Leave a comment:

• reidfo
    replied
    I'd be interested in seeing a comparison too. I didn't see the product listed on Radio Thermostat's web site (the OEM) or on 2gig's either. Shows 2 year battery life running on Z-Wave though? That's a huge improvement for those without a C wire and who want Z-Wave control. It looks pretty large, so I'm wondering just how many batteries these suckers take.

Leave a comment:

• bphillips
    started a topic New 2GIG CT100

New 2GIG CT100

Anyone compare the new 2GIG CT100 with the CT30? Currently, with multiple repeaters (lamp modules) around my home, I haven't had any noticeable issues with the CT30s (all running off batteries only), but I hear many others do.
Working...
X