Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Advice on Z-Wave Thermostat selection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on Z-Wave Thermostat selection?

I have two RCS thermostats operating two zones in my house. A recent storm and power failure took out one of them - this is the second time I have had a failure even with surge protectors. I have a backup unit that I installed but I am getting lots of errors in Homeseer so I am operating them stand-alone for now. These problems and some bugs in the RCS plugin led me to start thinking about replacing them with Z-Wave thermostats. Cosmetically they are better looking - but also somewhat simpler to install and maintain perhaps. I see that most posts are about the CT-100 - is that the preferred option these days? I have a two zone system, simple heat and cool. Thanks.

I have 2 of the WDTC-20 units. If I had to do over, I would look at a wi-fi thermostat.
    HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
    64 Z-Wave Nodes, 168 Events, 280 Devices
    UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
    Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

Working...
    X